New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Thunderbird Motor Inn
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Saint Ignace
“Good Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed over the 4th of July and had an enjoyable stay. The room was clean and they came in each day to straighten our beds and replace towels. The management was nice. We sat out on the patio and visited with the new owners for a while. They have many updates in-store for the place. I wish them the best of luck. The are in a good location.

Location
2 Thank cannspeer

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was very disappointed with my stay in the Thunderbird Motor Inn:

What I like:
* The room seemed clean when we arrived.
* It was quiet.
* They accept pets.
* They had free Wi-Fi

What I did not like:
* Virtually no maid service. We stayed for three days. After the first night, the maid came in, striped the linens off of one of the beds and left. Neither of the beds were made, the trash wasn't emptied and towels were not replaced. When we asked at the desk, the person working said that she was our maid and had been told not to clean a room if the guest was not there in person. I travel a lot and have NEVER seen this. We didn't come here to spend our time waiting in a hotel for the maid to arrive. I was hoping that we would have maid service the next day after our talk... NOPE. They did replace the towels but still the beds were left unmade.
* Mattresses were very uncomfortable.
* Breakfast was a joke. (White bread for toast, orange, and coffee)
* Very limited television.
* No night time management. I am not surprised by this. We had an emergency and had to check out @4:30 am. The sign on the door had a number to call. We called it and it went immediately to voice mail. Not a huge issues for us (we left the key in the room) but it would have been a catastrophe had we had some other emergency. Who knows when they would have taken to respond? Imagine what would happen if you accidently locked yourself out of the room

• 3 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank The_Travel_Guy88

Travelers are raving about these Saint Ignace hotels

East Lansing, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was our second time staying here. If I was planning on staying more in my room, I may have chose a different motel but since we are sightseeing, it is perfect. The location is great. You can walk everywhere. It is very laid back, both times people were sitting outside the rooms talking. Never loud enough to keep me up. The room was very clean. Needs updating!!! I guess they have breakfast, my husband went down and generally will bring something back and came back shaking his head. I don't remember them having one last year so I give them kudos for trying. On a great note, I had two (2) regular coffee's in my room with my coffee maker so I didn't have to find more coffee first thing in the morning.

At least in the room I was in.....no fridge, microwave and CLOCK! The TV was VERY small and only a handful of channels. We brought our apple TV which saved us at night. Bring extra pillows and blankets if you think you may need them.

Every time I go to St. Ignace without kids or looking for a romantic night out..we plan on staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake on the 2nd floor have a great view