We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Ignace
Village Inn of Saint Ignace
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Every July we head to the UP for a family reunion and we have never been dissatisfied staying at the Village Inn. For many reasons my 5 year old daughter loves it SO much, and calls it the White House. We enjoy the size of the rooms, and convenient location. We also love the discounts they offer online and military. Although it's above a bar, you never hear the patrons inside your cozy room. We love the fact that we can take the kids down below for food as well. Wendy, behind the bar, is a riot! She is one of the reasons we continue going back to the VI. We plan on booking for next July... especially for the Friday night fireworks!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed May 4, 2010

Everyone associated with the Village Inn (hotel and restaurant) went beyond expectation to make our stay memorable. The manager and assitant manager were attentive and responsive to all our questions and needs. We were made to feel like family with all the caring service. The hotel was clean, confortable and the location was beautiful (overlooking the bay and Mackinaw Island). The food was fresh, tasty, colorful and better than anything I had in the 7 years I lived in Chicago. Glad to be back in Michigan. Our wedding was nearly thrown offtrack by our elderly minister who left our wedding vows on top of his car as he pulled out of the restaurant. A Village Inn employee notice papers blowing around the street and she gathered them and realized what they were, so the manager personally and immediately drove them 15 miles outside of town to the beach where we had 70 people assembled and waiting. What a welcomed relief to see the Village Inn manager hand-delivering our wedding vows just before we started to panic. Our wedding reception at the hotel couldn't have been any better, comfortable and relaxed. All staff were kind, and went the extra mile, even fixing snacks after midnight for our friends and family. I strongly encourage you to visit and experience the personal service you feel at the Village Inn.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2010

The last two summers I have stayed at The Village Inn, in St. Ignace. We were very pleasantly surprised when we saw our room(s) They were very clean, and very affordable! My boyfriend and I had a great time down stairs at the bar, and met some really cool locals to play pool with. It is too expensive to stay on the island, so this is the place that I (we) will stay each time we come up! The staff was very friendly as well, I was very impressed with the service, and honestly, I am pretty hard to impress!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Eat at the Village Inn!

Amazing food and service. I ate here on leave while battling scurvy and slight dementia. Among many great meals, my favorite light course was the Hey Arnold! sandwich; a literal surface-to-air missile exploding...with flavor.

The Hey Arnold! is like an Iraqi POW protected under the Geneva convention- you just can't beat it. I'd like to see you try!

The bartender, Michelle something-or-other, keeps a tight regimen and a well-stocked cache of liquor, beer and even some girly drinks I won't admit that I tried. I was promptly greeted and never had to wait for a refill. If soldiers were this efficient, I'd never spend 13 hours in a foxhole waiting for ammunition again. Someone give this girl a raise!

Mess hall is clean and orderly. Latrine sparkles with immaculate sanitation. There's even decent lodging upstairs that makes a barracks look like...well, a barracks.

You must try this restaurant. I give the Village Inn of Saint Ignace a "Patton" (or "5 stars," for all you civilians)

Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Lt_Hungry
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We stayed 1 night at the Village Inn and were very pleasantly surprised by our room (balcony straits view). It was HUGE! The room appeared to have been recently completely redecorated, and was very modern, clean, and comfortable. Staff were friendly, everything was very casual and laid back. It was so convenient having the restaurant and bar right downstairs. Our only negative experience was the noise: it's on the busy main street, so there was traffic noise until late at night. Still, for only $80 a night, the room was incredible. A big thank you to the Village Inn for a great time!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spudbrain
Reviewed September 30, 2008

We travel to St. Ignace quite often from the Fenton area and always stay at the Village Inn. The accomodations are affordable and clean, clean, clean!!!! The food is great and the staff are great too!!!! We just returned from a weekend trip where 8 of us stayed as well ate there and we all cannot say enough about our wonderful experience there. We would recommend it to anyone and know they would be completely happy!!!! We'll see you next year!!!! Larry, Julie, Liz, Matt, Kat, Jim, Bj & Diana

1  Thank jlewis1106
Reviewed September 26, 2008

We stopped into the restaurant/bar after checking into another overpriced, gross hotel room and discovered (b/c of the super awesome staff) that we could stay upstairs for half the price with a much better view. My husband and I (did I mention this was our honeymoon) had sooooo much fun. The staff was great, free shots, great view and accomodations and the planked whitefish was the best thing I have ever eaten in my 28 years on Earth!!! This place is AWESOME. In fact, we are going back in three weeks!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)