“Wow what a dump!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Ignace
Village Inn of Saint Ignace
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights, they should CAGE fight the the bugs here, they are big, its a better bar than anything else and the ac in the motel room didn't work, hmmmmm well discount here? Uhh NOPE and the shower had lots of inhabitants the next night we went to the moran bay much better there nd cheaper!

• Stayed: July 2013
lodgeangel, Manager at Village Inn of Saint Ignace, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the Village Inn. I have spoken with my staff and it does not seem like anyone approached them about an air conditioner that did not work or ask for a discount. Our air conditioner/heaters must be adjusted a certain way or the a/c compressor will not work. We would like to offer you another stay at the Village Inn if you contact us personally. Thank you for your review. Joyce 906-643-3364

Reviewed July 17, 2013

hi--
great location if you are going to use a ferry to get to mackinac. also, VERY clean and friendly staff. great, hot fresh muffins (though wish they were there earlier) for breakfast. It is quaint and reasonably priced. It really is an "inn" -not a motel or hotel

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the lake... and a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind review. We always strive to do our best for each guest!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Village Inn is like the hotels of yesteryear. You can't make a reservation online, you must call. I called and talked to Joyce to book the room. She told me they only have 15 rooms and asked if I wanted a balcony. I told her I did. She asked if I would be going to Mackinac Island and I told her we were; she gave me some good tips.

One tip when you arrive, go all the way around to the back. The restaurant is in the front. When we arrived it was around 10 am and Joyce was there. Our room wasn't ready yet but Joyce gave us a key to get in when we got back from our visit to the island. She also kept our motorcycle helmets and called the ferry shuttle to pick us up. Now, the key is the old mechanical kind so when you put it in the door you have to leave it in when you turn the knob.

Later, when we got back, Joyce was still there. She said that she put the helmets in our room for us. The Village only has 4 balcony rooms in the front of the hotel so we were lucky to get one of these. I believe they also have a Jacuzzi room or two as well.

Our room was clean but was not modernized at all. It still had the small TV, no flat screen but I didn't really care, it was like a blast from the past and I went with it. One interesting thing was the toiletries in the bathroom...there was a nice body scrub that I put on my hands, nice! By the way, there is no ice maker. You must go down to the bar to get ice. There is a door that leads right to the bar! They are nice there and will help you.

The best part of the room was the balcony. It was big enough for two and contained two plastic Adirondack chairs. We set out there after our dinner. We had seen signs about fireworks on Saturday nights during the summer. We just sat out there drinking wine and watched the fireworks over the lake. Then we watched as the cars came by after the fireworks and we didn't even have to leave our room!

But the best part about the balcony was the next morning when we went out there to see the sunrise. Oh my goodness, it was a beautiful red orange and came up right next to the lighthouse! We captured the whole thing on camera right from our room.

At 8:00 they serve nice blueberry muffins in a little area with a coffee maker and microwave. The muffins were good. The only problem is, if you run the microwave, which I did to make hot tea, it will shut off the power to the microwave and the coffee pot. I had to keep flipping the switch. The lady in the bar showed me how to do this.

I really liked the quaintness and hospitality and as the title implies, Joyce is a gem!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hrpamw

Thank you for your glowing review! We strive to give each individual the best service we can offer daily.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

When booking the room, i wasn't sure above a bar would be ok. Surprise it wasn't loud and was a great place to stay. I will stay again. The food was great , get the maui chicken, yum. The rooms were nice and big. They only had colored tv which is common for the u.p. the customer service was wonderful. Only suggestion i have is a early drop off location for keys, we left around 7am. I slide my keys under the door, but wished for a drop box.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went there at first for a quick overnight stay. But then stayed 4 days, had a unexpected
wonderful time. For the price of the room it was a super great value. The room
was sparkling clean and over/sized with a very comfortable matress. Enjoyed the
free morning coffee (tasted real) with homemade blueberry muffin. The staff was very
friendly and helpful, I felt very safe and comfortable at all times. The food in the
restaurant was priced reasonable, but tasted above average compared with the rest
of the restaurants in the area. Plus the location was smack dab in the middle of
everything. I was tired from being on Mackinaw all day, and did not want to drive home
that night. But it was fun to be there, I stayed extra days.

Room Tip: I heard some rooms had jacuzzi but ours did not
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
vimackinac, General Manager at Village Inn of Saint Ignace, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you you stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed just one night. Room was clean and good size. Sheets had strong detergent smell that I didn't care for. The room and bathroom had black flies on the ceilings and around lights. There are lots of flies outside so it's probably inevitable that some would get inside.

• Stayed: June 2013
vimackinac, General Manager at Village Inn of Saint Ignace, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

So happy that you stayed with us. We are very sorry about the gnats in the bathroom. Unfortunately this time of year they are abundant and they get sucked in through the bathroom vent. We hope that you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The location is perfect, and the view from the balcony rooms alone are worth way more than the price. The food is excellent, and I have never had anything bad. I highly recommend the managers homemade bloody mary mix, and their all new menu has a citrus chicken that is delicious. A lot of things are made from scratch and the planked whitefish is only for the hungry traveller.

1  Thank dergunnz