“Good price”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Ignace
Village Inn of Saint Ignace
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I doubt I would have thought of stopping here as chain hotels that I'm familiar with are my first choice. However, my friend suggested it and I was pleasantly surprised. We got room 40 which has a small balcony with water view. It's across the street from the ferries. I enjoyed walking the boardwalk during my last stay. I also liked the convenience of going downstairs for good drinks and food. Going back next week and they were able to accommodate my request for room 40 again. Nice service!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony but know this is also on the main road which may be undesirable if you...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kristylbh

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have to travel to St. Igance and Mackinac Island every couple months for business. Every time I go I stay here and have never been dissatisfied. Rooms are big and nice. Clean as well. The restaurant downstairs is also extremely good. The best part is their low rates and wifi connection. I need to have internet where I stay and theirs have been do 20 mb down at least every time I've been there.

I could go on, but if you're going to the island or just the north think of this place. I will also note that being on the St. Ignace side is beautiful for one and also not as crowded when trying to ride one of the boats over to the island.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Ryan R
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I'm biased on this one - it's home. Friendly service, owner-managed, not a chain. Rooms are clean and bright. Balcony rooms look out on to the harbor, a nice view. Across the street from the ferries and the City's harbor walk. Restaurant serves up basic, quality Northern fare. And the price will leave you with plenty of walking-around money.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank JMarquette1671
Reviewed August 27, 2012

What a nice surprise ! Stayed 2 nights. Upgraded to a room with a balcony, and still only $67 during the week. What a view! Well worth the money. Walk right across the street to the ferry. Clean rooms. Friendly place. Good food, and good drinks too. Warm, home made blueberry muffins in the AM. Couldn't be happier with our stay there. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: They only have 4 rooms with balcony, so call ahead if you want one
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank steve a
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our experience may be different from the average guest, but it was wonderful. We had a wedding in which the couple rented the entire place for the weekend for their guests. These are no-frill rooms, but the service was always with a smile and very accommodating to everyone. They even built a campfire for us one night. It is right along the commercial strip, so it is an easy stroll along the street or the boardwalk to all the local shops and museums. It worked great all of us with young children for several reasons. The rehearsal dinner was at the restaurant on site, the wedding was directly across the road on the lighthouse pier, and the reception was on site in their banquet facilities. Everything was within "monitor range" so when people had to put their children down, they were still able to socialize. The pier had a free public splash-pad and was picturesque with the lighthouse over the Lake. Free WiFi.

Room Tip: Be aware that across from the office has windows facing the handicap ramp, so it doesn't have th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank frugaltripper
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed for two nights in different rooms and both were value for money, no fuss, clean and the staff were pleasant. Nice touch with the home made blueberry muffins in the morning. Walking distance to ferry for the island and across the road from the mackinac grille. Worth a stay.

Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank DrewNorwich
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Clean, comfortable hotel. Average food in the restaurant, bartender was rude. Refused to provide beer list, turned off the Tigers game despite the fact we were watching the game, and ignored us during our meal. Go to the Mackinac Grille across the street, better beer, better white fish, better service, and they like the Tigers!

• Stayed: August 2012