“A very fun place to stop!”
Review of Mystery Spot

Mystery Spot
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My family & I visited Mystery Spot in 2009; It was one of the most memorable experiences from our vacation to Michigan. Sure, it's a tourist trap & there are optical illusions, but the charm of the place & the friendly guides make the price worth it. We did not get to play golf or zip line due to time constraints, but the tour through the Mystery Spot & the git shop were fun to explore! I highly recommend this place, with its natural beauty & offbeat enchantment.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Three of my cousins and their spouses met at our house in Traverse City for a "Cousin's Reunion" this past summer. Our mothers were all from Negaunee in Michigan's UP (upper peninsula). All of our families always went to the UP for summer vacation. As kids, we were always disappointed because none of our families would ever stop at The Mystery Spot -- never! During our reunion get together, we all piled into my Expedition and drove to The Mystery Spot -- after getting Pasties for Lunch from Lehto's!

The Mystery spot is absolutely a tourist trap, mostly optical illusions, but it was great fun! We were all very happy that we stopped. It would be especially good for kids (we were all in our 60"s and 70"s, but we still had a great time!

1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This may be an interesting spot to visit, but really its just a site full of man-made optical illusions that you can walk through and experience. It might be neat for kids, but in general it isn't a big deal. Go once to see it, but I doubt you'll go back.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

So glad that I stopped. While it is a touristy stop, it is very interesting and fun. Well worth the stop. Great way to stretch the legs and break up the monotony of traveling.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was fun for my 11 year old. He was pretty stumped. I wish it would've been longer though. Not worth it for the price.