“Gotta Give em a try”

Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife is a yooper and i am a troll but at least when we travel to Marquette MI i get to stop at Clydes. The absolute diner experience. Simple food done great, you have to get a burger of your choice and the flattop grill really makes the best burger ever. If you love a great olive burger just remember to tell them olives and mayo or you will receive a burger with green olives only. Go and enjoy a great drive in experience to enhance your northern Michigan trip.

1  Thank rxdebbie

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We pulled up and were very confused as to where to park. There was parking similar to a sonic, but it was all full and we didn't see any one assist them, we ended up parking around back. And going in. There was a long line, so we just watched the kitchen. Ten minutes or so went by before we were able to put in our order. We weren't sure why people gave this place a high rating, after watching them, everything they cook is from GFS. They open the package and deep fry it, then charge you $8. But I was hungry, so I ordered a burger, and my wife ordered fish. The girl that was putting veggies on the burgers either left on break or ended her shift so a line cook stepped in and took over. He did have disposable gloves on, but he would grab RAW meat, slap in on the grill, then use the SAME hand to put all the toppings on a finished burger. We watched him do this for 5 minutes, never changing his glove or washing his hands. I'm sorry, but I'm on vacation, I don't want to get sick. We cancelled our order, and explained what we are seeing. The guy got all defensive, started yelling and stormed out of the room. Very child-like. We were able to get our money back. Sorry, I cannot rate the food based on taste, but rather preparation. If I were you, I'd go to Wendy's or burger king or something else. Don't chance getting sick!

3  Thank A_n_B_22
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I am so glad I never discovered this place while I was going to school in the U.P. my freshman 15 would have turned into the freshman 100 quickly.
Great burgers! Just a fun place to be.
OK the service is a bit slow at times, but I think it's worth the wait.

2  Thank DDK23
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The burgers at Clydes were large and tasty. This is my second favorite hamburger just behind West Pier in the Soo.

1  Thank James S
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

We ate inside at the counter. We had a burgers, fried pickles (garlic tasting) French fries, & cheddar poppers (very rich chedddar). The best part was the chocolate malt. This would be a place that I would go back to if time allows.

1  Thank Misty A