“HELL Was Based on This HOTEL”

K Royale Lakefront Inn
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
okemos,mi
“HELL Was Based on This HOTEL”
Reviewed September 10, 2010

The WORST hotel in MICHIGAN. The bed was at least 40 years old. "Breakfast" was minature refrigerated store bought doughnuts. I can only hope the black paint that was floating in the pool wasn't lead based. NO windows and couldn't have the patio door open because the lock was broken and the people next door were smoking so it would've blown in our room anyway. It smelled like someone died in it in 2009 and the body was discovered September 6,2010.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank firebirdninety8

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Westland
Reviewed September 3, 2010

On August 19, 2010, my husband and I stayed the night at the K-Royale Mote Inn. I forgot my orthopedic pillow for my neck on the bed. When we got to our destination, I called and told them I left my pillow in the room that we stayed in. They said no one found a pillow in that room. I know I left it on the bed. One of the employees stole it. Guess they don't know one of the 10 commandments, "Thou shalt not steal." The Lord will punish them for stealing. Also, the room smelled really musty, it didn't have a clock/radio in the room, I tried to call the office, and there was no answer. The continental breakfast was not very good, and the toaster did not work. We will not be staying here ever again. Also, if you leave something in the room, you will not get it back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mlm004

Travelers are raving about these Saint Ignace hotels

Bellevue, MI
Reviewed August 24, 2010

On August 21st my family and I rented a room for a night at the K Royale Motor inn. Because of the latest bed bug problem in many of the states before bringing my items into the room we pulled back the sheets on the bed to find little spots of blood all over, We picked up the bed and between it in the box springs was blood stains and holes, It was dirty and we went back to the counter to get are money back when we told the female at the desk about the issue she didn't deny the fact of bed bugs in there hotel, It totally creeped me out and as many have pointed out in reviews online the female who works at the front desk is completely rude and unfriendly I wouldn't stay at this hotel if they paid me to.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Rebeccamarie83
Carol0722, Manager at K Royale Lakefront Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
In your regards to bed bugs. When your husband purchased the room we were very busy at the time. When we have someone that goes to the room for 5 minutes and comes back to complain we usually give there money back, because obviously they don't want to stay in the room in the first place and they will keep complaining about things or they want a free room.
After you left we went to said room and remade that bed that you tore up and cleaned the bathroom again that was used and rented the room. Actually the people stayed for a week and never complained once. It makes you wonder sometimes.
Thanks
Carol
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed August 5, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights, and it was terrible. First the room smelled like a dirty basement, very musky odor..! We setteled in to watch a little TV when my boyfriend noticed that they only had about 10 cahnnels on the 19 inch TV!! He asked the RUDE girl that was working at the front desk where ESPN was, and she told him a channel number that wasn't even close to ESPN! We had to go to a local bar to watch any type of TV!! The beach was non-existent, it was a mucky, rock filled shore!! I found a drink bottle from the previous guest under one of the beds!! We paid for the "Penthouse" room, but it had NO microwave!! We had to go to the lobby for anything that we wanted to warm up in their microwave!! The game room that they descibe is 3 games from the 1970's, in a dark dirty room!! The FREE breakfast was 2 loaves of bread set up next to a dirty toaster!! On our nightstand there was an envelope for us to leave a tip for the housekeeprs, but why would I leave a tip when I DID the cleaning from the previoes guest!!!! I didnt expect a ton of frills for the price we paid, but i always expect a clean room!! The brochure pictures and descriptions must be of another hotel, because it wasn't where I was at!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tltb23
Seems funny that you would stay in a room that you didn't like for 2 nights! Must be the $42 rate.
Saint Ignace, Michigan
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Motel was great, beautiful sunrise and sunset, indoor pool and hot tub. Playground for younger children. Reasonable rates. New management was very nice and pleasant. Had room with new mattress.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Hillsdale
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I was shocked when I arrived to find my "beach side" room was actually a "parking lot side" room, with no windows. I also noticed on the brochure they describe having 600 feet of "sandy beach" WHAT? There is no beach, and no place to swim at all. There is however a swamp, full of weeds rocks and various other items. I found the brochure itself rather fraudulent....so forget the beach because your not getting one here. The continental breakfast consisted of a old gas station doughnut, toast and no beverages other then coffee. Since I dont drink coffee, trying to choke down a old doughnut was a bit of a problem. The service however was nice and the people very attentive. Other then the hot tub and the personnel, the hotel was poor. If your looking for a motel on a budget I would suggest several others in the area which were cheaper and dont tell you they have a beach when they dont.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laqudis
Michigan
Reviewed August 20, 2009

My family and I have stayed here for many years and we have had only the BEST experience each and every time. I have no idea why some have been unhappy to each their own I say but SERIOUSLY this is a nice place to stay. I have work in the cleaning business so those who say its dirty well shame on you!!! I have for years and years over never experienced this with my family. And plan to spend every night we stay in that area right at this Inn.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple