“Really nice place”

K Royale Lakefront Inn
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Very nice motel. All the employees were super nice. Our rooms were very clean. The kids loved the pool and the beach. The beach isn't a sand beach but a rock beach, but where we live in Michigan that is what we are use to. We will be staying there again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Christal S

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The rooms smell, the wall paper is falling off the walls, the price on the sign of $59 was not the actual price of $89, small TV, Limited channels, really in need of updates, advertises Wi-Fi but doesn't have it in the rooms only the lobby. The beach is really rocky.
All of this aside though, the costumer service is really, really poor. One lady at the front desk is nice but some of the other employee's as well as the manager are so rude. Just read some of the manager's responses on here to some of the complaints...not very nice. I have never been treated so badly in my life. In business you will always have some complaints and it is how you talk to people that make a difference, she is personally going to run this hotel into the ground.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sweb66
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The K Royale Motor Inn Website is basically a fabrication of someones imagination.

IT IS PET FRIENDLY. Just not Customer Friendly

There is no beach or swimming from the front of the Hotel. It is a rocky shoreline - NO sand.
Wireless Internet is from the Office area only.
The TV reception is more limited that a third world country.
The odors that come from the various suites and rooms indicate a level of cleaning
that just isn't happening
And finally, the Continental Breakfast. Words cannot describe day old packaged donuts,
stale bread for Toast, Coffee that was made last year, or someone doesn't know how to make coffee, no cereals, basically nothing.
Leave and go to Java Joes for breakfast, just up the road,

If you drive further down the road away from St Ignace, you will see more and more Hotels and
Motels that have gone bust.
This one will be next unless they can get their act together and finally understand what it means to give Customer Service.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Go to Mackinaw City
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fogsworld
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night at the K-Royale Motor Inn, so that my wife could try her luck at St. Ignace’s Indian Casino. Yes, she did come out ahead. Our first floor room was clean, comfortable and the view of the lake from our patio was spectacular. We then were going to stay two nights in Mackinaw City at another motel. My wife was so pleased with our room at the K-Royale that I attempted to cancel our Mackinaw City motel reservations, but no luck. The next time that we are in the Mackinaw area we will definitely stay at the K-Royale Motor Inn and also enjoy St. Ignace; rather than the crowds of people and commercial madness that Mackinaw City has to offer two retirees.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Old_Geezer2013
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The K-Royale Motor Inn was a great hotel with an awesome view. We stayed in a double room on the 1st floor and when we walked out the door there was the water. The hotel has a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, and lots to do beachfront. For small children there is a sand pit and then a volleyball (badminton net) for all ages, fire rings, swing sets etc.... The hotel offers continental breakfast which i found to be somewhat limited to bread and doughnuts. OJ and coffee was also available. I thought they could of done some bagels too but I did find cinnamin bread. The rooms were clean, and comfortable. Pets are also welcome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting some R and R.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bobbi G
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The sign outside this motel proclaims it to be a "super budget inn." That may be true, but before you opt to save a few dollars by staying here you should be aware of the drawbacks.

I knew this was not a 5-star hotel, so was not surprised by the squishy carpet, limited amenities, or limited tv channels - but the bad smell that permeated the room made for a very unpleasant stay. The woman at the front desk was friendly enough, and she pleasantly explained that all the rooms in the south wing had this problem; they are aware of it, attribute it to mold, and try to fix it by using large doses of air freshener.

They advertise "Free Wireless Internet" (this is taken directly from their website) - but in reality there is only free wireless in the lobby, not in your room! Again, the people at the front desk were well aware of this, and explained that for an additional $50 I could move to a room close to the office which would get wi-fi.

As other reviewers have pointed out, while they have a nice view of the water, there is no swimming possible here, only a rocky shoreline. There is no beach at all, however their advertising is extremely misleading about this. Photos from their website and print material hint at a sandy beach (where did they get that print photo of the sailboats on a beach? Not at this motel!). They list things like: "There is a playground on the beach" which is a completely false statement, and one that completely distorts reality.

The only reason I'm giving this two stars (as opposed to one) is that, having originally booked two nights, when I went to cancel our second night they were pleasant about refunding my money. I'm sure I was not the first customer who, after experiencing the K-Royale, decided to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the south wing due to the terrible smell that is a serious problem in all these...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank zenmusic
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have been staying at this same motel for 25 years. Every time we have stayed there the service has been excellent. The rooms are a typical motel room with cable TV, microwave, refrigerator and blow dryer. The main part of the motel is right on Lake Huron. They have sliding glass doors with a balcony with 2 chairs on them so you can sit and look at the beautiful water. I have never had a bad experience and that includes all the years that we have taken our three children with us. The only drawback was that because we went before Memorial Day the pool was not open yet but they were painting it getting it ready for the big holiday. The staff was very friendly and helpful about anything we asked for including where to eat and other things in the local area to see. They do serve a continental breakfast, which could be improved, as it is limited but still it was sufficient. I highly recommend this motel and I have stayed in others in the area when I have gone with someone other than my husband. They could not compare. I have also stayed in motels in other parts of the country and my favorite place so far is K Royale in St. Ignace, MI.

Room Tip: I prefer the main part of the motel since the back of the rooms face the lake. It's very calmin...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple