“Above the call of duty”

Budget Host Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I was in an auto accident after midnight on my way home from the rifle deer season. The car was un-drivable, and I needed a place to stay. The nightime staff was friendly when I checked in, and the rooms were newly remodeled and clean, so much so I was extremely surprised. The next day Jack, who handles the hotels marketing, allowed me to stay in the room way past checkout (3 hours) time, while I waited for a ride downstate. The hotel, and especially Jack, turned the tailend of my disaster into a pleasant experience. Usually you have to pay top dollar for a hotel with such service. But this little gem is simple on the outside, yet down to earth class and warmth inside.

• Stayed: November 2010
StIggyBudHost, Director of Sales at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Thank you for posting this review. It is always a special pleasure to go out of our way to assist guests and contribute to their overall satisfaction. We were happy to do it and hope that you will be staying with us again in the future. Thanks you again.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

We have been going there for about 7 years. We love the town, walkways by the water and the most friendly people. This motel was recommened by the Harbor Point Motel because Harbor Point does not take pets. This budget Host motel is so clean that you never worry about who stayed in your room before you. The people who run the motel really do care about service. I have recommended this motel to our neighbor and he feels the same way about it. You can leave your car and walk to restraunts, shopping or marinas.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abbydog64

Thank you for sitting down and writing a review about us. We, at Budget Host Inn & Suites of St. Ignace do care very much about service and providing a great value and a comfortable stay for all of our guests. We're happy and grateful that you continues to stay with us and send your friends our way as well. We appreciate your remarks.

Reviewed December 28, 2010

I am so impressed with the amenities found at this Budget Host Inn. It was so much more than the name implies. The rooms were immaculate with fluffy pillows and bright white sheets . The bathrooms were spacious with soft large towels. The pool and jacuzzi area was spotless with constant attention given by the courteous front desk staff. I can't describe the array of breakfast items (hot and cold), nor the constant refilling and refreshing by the attendant. The maid service was right on the rooms in the morning. There was always fresh towels and the trash was emptied everyday. I will recommend this facility to all of my friends and my family. It might be a budget host, but nothing else about it could be considered budget or low quality.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank fudger

Thank you for that glowing endorsement. We appreciate that our guests take the time out of their busy day to write a review about us. Thank you.

Reviewed December 13, 2010

My Granddaughter and I stay at the Budget Host of St. Ignace for a week every summer. The people there are so caring, helpful and fun to be around. The rooms and view of Lake Superior are GREAT.They treat us like family, which I feel we have become. Breakfast is SUPER. Thanks everyone there..

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank nannymandy

Thank you for your review. It is not difficult to make our guests feel at home with us as we have some incredible guests, many of whom feel like family to us as they return year after year. We have a lively and fun staff and are happy that you found them fun as well. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed December 9, 2010

I stay at this hotel when I visit my family in town. They have excellent rooms that are clean and spacious for my family. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. This has many ammentinies to suit my family. I also love the fact that this hotel offers wi-fi and cable. I recommend this hotel to all my friends and family visiting the wonderful town of St.Ignace, Michigan.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tammyandnstrou

Thank you for your review. We host many guests who come to visit their families here and it is always a joy to have our old friends come home and stay with us. We appreciate your continued business and look forward to accommodating you in the furure.

Reviewed December 8, 2010

Every year we always go back to the Budget Host in St. Ignace. We've never had a bad stay there. Nice indoor pool and hot tub, good breakfast, clean rooms, and friendly staff always ready to give directions and excellent vacation advice. Close proximity to downtown, restaurants, shopping, and ferry service for Mackinac Island. Just Perfect.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mfitzhen

Thank you for the great review. It is always appreciated when guests tell us how we are doing. We take it very seriously. Thank you and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

We are frequent guest of the Budget Host and I hesitate to be negative but things did not go well this past trip. Started out with a phone call in route telling us that our previously reserved suite was now not available due to a guest not checking out & spending another night in the room. The motel was 100% booked that evening and so we were given the last suite, which happened to be the handicapped unit. It worked out for us, the only thing lacking was a couch. The suite price was discounted a bit more than was quoted to me when I made the reservation. I can certainly understand that things happen, so we made the best of it & it worked out OK.
But what happened next, there is really no excuse for. The following day we left the room by 7:30AM. We returned at 3PM and the room had not been touched by housekeeping. We did approach the front desk & was told that the staff was still working. In fact we did see 2 girls working in the rooms right next to ours. We left again shortly after 3PM and returned at 7:30. No housekeeping had been done. We again approached the front desk and explained the situation. The clerk was sorry, and did bring us down towels and emptied the trash. She did make up one bed & I previously had made up the second as we needed to sit on it. There was also an offer for a small discount on that nights rate.
We normally love the Budget Host, but this trip just didnt go so well. For the money we pay, I do expect houskeeping every day and I dont think that is asking too much.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank doggy1
StIggyBudHost, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

Thank you for reviewing us again on Tripadvisor. You stay with us a lot, and we appreciate your business. We did our best to take care of the problem during your stay, and sometimes things happen that are out of anyone's control. Thank you for understanding.