“A fun, delicious place!”
Review of Java Joe's Cafe

Java Joe's Cafe
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I like Java Joe's so much that it's become my "go-to" restaurant when I'm in the St. Ignace area. The menu is extensive and you can get breakfast all day. The owner is quite gregarious, and the service is good.

On this visit, I opted for the turkey and avocado crepe in a buckwheat crepe. Be sure to ask for the bacon "crispy". This is an outstanding meal - actually more than I could eat - and I would order it again in a heartbeat. Their buckwheat crepes are divine, and one of these visits I'm just gonna order 2 of them plain and put butter and syrup on them!

My husband had blueberry pancakes and sausage patties. I had a little of his pancakes and honestly they were THE BEST pancakes I think I've ever eaten. Cooked perfectly, delicious flavor, and even thought I was full from the crepe, I could have eaten a stack of them!

This is a great place to stop before or after a trip to Mackinac Island (honestly there's not a restaurant there that I would recommend other than the one at the Fort which is pricey), or even if you're just out and about. They close for a couple of hours in the afternoon, and their hours may be seasonal, I'm just not sure about that.

If you like cookie jars, tea pots, and/or salt & pepper shakers, be sure to check out their unique collection that is for sale. And also be sure to check out their "old-timey" candy at the counter. Make Java Joe's a "must stop" when you're in the Upper Peninsula.

You'll have fun and a great meal at Java Joe's. I can't wait to go back again soon :)

1  Thank momE1

Reviewed September 7, 2013

If you are in the area, you owe it to yourself to go to Java Joe's for at least one meal- the food is great, but the ambiance is what makes it Java Joe's. There are shelves lining the walls filled with fantastic vintage teapots, all for sale from what I could see. Joe, himself, makes the place. He makes everyone feel special and you feel as if you have just come from a great party where you were the guest of honor. We didn't have to wait, either time that we went, but certain times we did notice that there were lines. We actually visited in Aug. of 2012, but Trip Advisor didn't give an option for that date.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I went to Java Joe's for breakfast over the weekend. I had tea and granola with almond milk. My husband had coffee and granola pancakes. The food was ok. Nothing special. I would love to go back for lunch or dinner. The real treat at Java Joe's is Joe. He's super welcoming and cheerful. He made sure to talk and joke with everyone. The day we went was drizzly and gray. The restaurant wasn't crowded, but I imagine it gets busy pretty fast during tourist season. I will definitely go back. Java Joe's is a really unique place. Both my husband and I thought it would be perfect in Key West.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

J j is the only place in the u.p. to eat if you want great food! Everytime we come up for a visit we hit jj and are never disappointed! Love their granola the crepes are amazing and the coffee is to die for. Haven't had anything we haven't liked yet.
We love jj wish there was one by us.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The food was good. I have the mac and cheese. It was absolutely delicious. The only bad thing was if they run out of a side dishes, they won't tell you and they won't even substitute some else with it. It you don't ask, they won't tell you. If you ask, they just said they run out of it, period. But other than that, not a bad restaurant. Food taste good.