“Crowded, but the food and service were good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Java Joe's Cafe

Java Joe's Cafe
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Detroit, Michigan
“Crowded, but the food and service were good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

We went on a Saturday morning in October. It was really crowded, but a table opened up quickly. There was a bit of a wait to place our order and then it took longer than we hoped for our food to come out - but it certainly wasn't because the staff wasn't trying. They were all running around, working hard (including the owners). It looked to me like maybe that kind of crowd was unexpected that late in the season (I think the exceptionally nice weather brought more people up north than usual for that time of year) so they weren't staffed that morning to handle it all. But they checked on our order and told us the status without us even asking. In the end, the food was really good (not the cheapest, but very good) and we were happy with breakfast, even if we got on the road later than we wanted. I can see why it's so popular and I"m sure we'll back on our next trip up north.

Lake Odessa, MI
“Friendly, Fun and Fantastic Coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

I was greeted by the owner with a smile and a friendly good morning. It felt like I was a returning customer instead of a new one. The custom breakfast blend was one of the best coffees I have drank. Warm, smooth and full bodied. They make their own granola and crepe batter, the toast is grilled. I ate there twice and wished I was staying longer so I could try more items. The pancakes were wonderful. The menu is extensive, printed like a newspaper, front page is a "story" about Java Joe and information on the Mackinac Bridge, second page is breakfast items, third page is lunch and dinner items, back page is pizza takeout and delivery. The place is small, funky and fun; Cheers meets Jimmy Buffet. I took a little of Jave Joe's with me in the form of a bag of their breakfast blend coffee. I cannot wait to go back again.

Spring Lake, Michigan
“Hippy Cool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Joe himself waited on us. The breakfast menu was enormous. Food was good and hot, came out quickly too. They do have lunch and dinner, but I haven't tried them. Quirky and fun decor on the inside. Joe is an unusual guy.

Michigan
“Made me feel like I have been going there my whole life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

We arrived for breakfast and were seated right away. It is a VERY SMALL place. Seats maybe 30 people. St Ignce is a summer town, more quiet in the fall and winter. Jave Joe's doesn't close like many seasonal business. One guy Joe waited on all 5 tables himself. Food was prepared perfectly but the atmosphere is what made me go in. Looks like "Margaritaville" on the outside. Joe spoke to us like we had been friends for years. Nest time I cross the bridge I woll go back to Java Joe's!!

1 Thank Mary2273
Rockford
“Great way to start a day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

We ate breakfast at Joe's before heading to Mackinac Island -
What a great pace to start your day. Joe is upbeat, warm and a
gracious host. The food is outstanding and the price resonable.
My wife had pancakes which included granola and apples - they were
the best.
This is the place to breakfast for sure.

• Visited September 2011