“My Review”

Cedar Hill Lodge
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
“My Review”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Great place and nice staff. The older unit we stayed in this time was a little musty, but the room was clean. They provide a great assortment of items for the breakfast meal. The price is perfect for the area. Very affordable.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main hotel are a little more current.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Luke P, Owner at Cedar Hill Lodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
We're pleased to know that you were pleased with your stay! Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Alpena, Michigan
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I never stayed in a place that I felt so at home. Something for kids and adults to do at all times. Nice breakfast. A Big THANK YOU to all the staff, for making my stay so enjoyable. I will be coming back!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Luke P, Owner at Cedar Hill Lodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
You felt "at home" -- perfect! We are happy to have you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back.
Michigan
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I originally picked this hotel because I was traveling with my dog and this place is under new ownership so we just tried it. It has great prices. Almost half price in some instances of other rooms in the area.

The first time there I brought my GSD. The room was dog friendly and there is a lot of room to play and go potty outside. Lots of grassy areas.

THERE IS NO WIFI. They said they were fixing it but still hadn't by the second time we stayed.

The rooms are fine. The bathrooms are tiny but that is found in a lot of places in the UP due to its history and the age of the buildings. We always end up with a double bed room and I would rather have one king but they don't seem to have many of those.

There are three buildings, we have stayed in 2 of them. Each have pros and cons. The con of Cedar (?) is a tiny window so there's not much view.

You have to go to the main lobby for a hair dryer, coffee pot, Internet.

I didn't try the breakfast but they have it in the main building.

We were the only ones in the pool. It's only 5 feet deep and as warm as a bathtub but it was fun nonetheless.

This is a great hotel for kids as they provide a lot of games like volleyball, tether ball, and frisbee.

The usually do a bonfire and everyone hangs out. It's nice because everyone is friendly up there so it's just a good way to end the day.

Room Tip: Get a ground level room in the Spruce building to walk out into the field and for more natural light...
Luke P, Owner at Cedar Hill Lodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thanks for your positive review. The entire property does have Wifi -- but even better upgraded equipment is on its way from our contractor. Until it can be installed, we find that the best reception, especially at busy times when many guests are on the property, is in the main building. That issue is being addressed. We are happy to know you enjoyed the bonfire, and we are happy to have you as a returning guest.
Fenton, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Overall I had a great experience, great location, clean, nice staff and pool was nice! They also had a bonfire pit, and fun games to enjoy outside.They had breakfast each day for us. Close to downtown St. Ignace and ferry docks to Mackinac Island!

Room Tip: Choose a Lake View!
Luke P, Owner at Cedar Hill Lodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for your positive review!
Vassar, Michigan
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night during the Ironworkers festival. Very few hotels had rooms due to this. At the last minute (always happens), I called to Cedar Hills Lodge and they said they had a room for four of us. The staff was very nice and courteous on the phone and when we arrived at the hotel. When we got to the hotel, the room we had booked was given to the group that was staying there and decided to extend their stay. They found another room for us and we got it cheaper. The room was clean and nice. We were supposed to have 2 queen beds, but the room had a full size and a Queen. Not a problem for us. The bedding was clean, as was the towels. The thing I loved the most though was the pillows. We had some nice pillows! And we had more than one per person, which definitely was a plus, especially since we were unable to pack our own.. We got up in the morning and had a good breakfast. Much better than some of the hotels we stayed at in Mackinaw City. The staff kept up with keeping food fresh and stocked. This hotel also is pet friendly. I didn't know this when we left home, or I would have brought my dog. Because of that and the good experience that we had here, we'll definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Luke P, Owner at Cedar Hill Lodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Yes, we put four plump, high quality pillows on every bed -- thank you for noticing! Please come and see us again.
Brookville, Indiana
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Check in fast/easy had room upgrade. People at desk were friendly/helpful. Breakfast was good. Nice owners. Kid and family games were available. We had a very wonderful time staying here. Would recommend to friends and family. Our four night stay was relaxing and fun.

Luke P, Owner at Cedar Hill Lodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
We are happy to have you as our guest. Thank you for your review!
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Reasonable price, very nice renovations make rooms fresh.

What they DO offer -
1. Clean rooms, not too musty.
2. A community fire pit with a nice glow well towards midnight.
3. A decent breakfast. Good pillows.
4. A really good shower.
5. Free high-quality wi-fi with multiple access points and a strong signal throughout property.
6. VERY NEAR THE FERRY BOAT PARKING LOT!

Challenges:
1. When I called they said they had queen beds in the rooms. When I arrived, the room had doubles (though the headboard and lampstand are SIZED to fit with queens). I did find out later that queens are in many rooms, the clerk had simply not been very communicative / complete in describing AVAILABILITY.
2. NO FRIDGE OR MICROWAVE....Management says they are transitioning the rest of the rooms and that most DO! I just ended up with doubles and no fridge/microwave though I had been told I had all the above.
4. No waffle maker.
5. Old school micro-sink
6. No plugins for my devices. I had to borrow a spot where a lamp had been plugged in. Most motels/hotels these days have a plug in the lamp base.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family