“Cozy, Economical, and Great Location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cedar Hill Lodge

Cedar Hill Lodge
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Saint Ignace
East Lansing, Michigan
“Cozy, Economical, and Great Location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great place for families to stay!! Extremely economical, not crowded like Mackinaw City, walking distance to downtown St. Ignace, playgrounds, ferries to the island, restaurants, etc. Very clean and comfortable rooms! My kids LOVED the indoor pool which is clean and easy to access from all areas of the large hotel. Sitting on the patio in adirondack chairs overlooking the lawn and the water was a plus for my parents who were visiting with us!! The family who owns it was so welcoming and worked very hard to make this place comfortable. We will definitely be staying here again in the future!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Luke P, Owner at Cedar Hill Lodge, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
We cater to families, and we're so glad to hear that you, the kids, and the grandparents all enjoyed your stay at Cedar Hill Lodge! Thank you for sharing your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Good location, well-maintained and clean. I liked the pool/hot-tub and the breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Only a couple of quibbles: no closet or hooks to hang clothes, so they went on the floor. The wi-fi was good one day and practically non-existent the next - even in the lobby, but that can happen anywhere. All-in-all, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We wanted a ground floor room, so we got one in an out-building that had only one or two other occup...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Luke P, Owner at Cedar Hill Lodge, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thanks for staying with us, and for pointing out our clean rooms, convenient location, and friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Great place great price , I would definitely recommend staying here., kids loved the pool and the hot tub was great. The staff was very polite and helpful with questions about the area. Very close to the casino and 5 minutes from the Mackinaw bridge.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Luke P, Owner at Cedar Hill Lodge, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
You say "great place, great price" -- we say thank you!!
Eagle Harbor, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Location and access are good: it is between I75 at the first exit north of the Mackinac Bridge and the downtown/waterfront area where the Mackinac Island ferries are located. The lodge is clean and in good shape (we had no issue with damage or stains in our room). We especially liked (and used) the pool/spa area and the feel of the lobby and adjacent breakfast area, which was quite large. Most of the exteriors of the buildings appeared to be recently repainted or restained, and there was other evidences that the new management is modernizing the facility, like a flat screen TV in the room. The breakfast was OK: nothing great, but better than fast food would have been. The bed was extremely firm, as another review notes, which bothered my wife but not me. There were other odds and ends that one could criticize, like the cable TV being down the two nights we were there, and the shower curtain being maybe 8" too long, but I left with the sense that the new management is moving in the right direction and that I'd give it a score of 4 rather than 3 in another year or so.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Luke P, Owner at Cedar Hill Lodge, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thanks for noticing our ongoing improvements and our brand new TVs in all guest rooms. We're glad you find the location convenient, and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Duluth, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

In my past stays in St. Ignace, I have stayed at the major chain hotels there. However, as I was only spending the night I was having a hard time justifying their costs so I looked at my options at Trip Advisor. I chose Cedar Hill Lodge based on the ratings and I was not disappointed. The price was significantly below the chains. While this was not quite as updated or fancy as other properties in the area, it was well maintained, clean, and more than adequate for my needs. The bed was acceptable, it had a nice flat screen TV, and where I was I could park in front of the door. Since I had things I didn't want to leave in the car overnight, this was great. The room was a bit small but I chose the single bed room so I got what I expected. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the location very easy to access and close to anything I wanted to see. There was a breakfast but I departed before they started serving so I cannot comment on it. Positive: price, cleanliness, furnishings, location. Negative: nothing.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Luke P, Owner at Cedar Hill Lodge, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thanks for the compliments on our clean rooms and our friendly staff! We look forward to seeing you next time.
Jackson, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our first night in St Ignace we stayed at Best Western....very snobbish people. Even the guests in the room next to ours were snobbish and if you get a room overlooking the water....good luck...freaking birds everywhere and a lot of poop! So, the next day we checked out, drove down the road and found Cedar Hill Lodge. As soon as we walked into the Office, it was that "first impression" from the Management and staff that sold us. We stayed at the Spruce. The room was very clean; the breakfast consisted of hot food for a change; ALL the staff could not do enough for you. Our room did not have a refrigerator in it and Audi (hope I spelled his name correctly), one of the staff members, literally carried a refrigerator and microwave to our room. Even the other guests who were staying there were very friendly. EVERYONE seemed very happy and relaxed. "Cedar Hill Lodge was definitely "home away from home". AND, the room did not cost an arm and 2 legs as was the case at Best Western! For all my future visits to St Ignace, I will not stay anywhere but Cedar Hill Lodge. I highly recommend Cedar Hill Lodge to EVERYONE!
Veronica roni2554@yahoo.com

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Veronica N
Leroy, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I read pretty good reviews so I went ahead and booked an overnight here. Let me start with the good things. It's in a pretty good location just off the interstate a little ways, so it's very easy to find. It's not in the downtown area of St. Ignace so you are away from the hustle and bustle. They have a nice fire pit (although it was not used/lit the night we were there which I found strange as it was a gorgeous cool night) Nice patio area. Nice lobby that is very welcoming. Decent breakfast. Friendly staff. Did not check out the pool area as we didn't have time, but you do have to walk outside to get to the indoor pool. Depending where you are this could be a bit of a walk. The place is set up in sections named after trees. We stayed in the "Cedars". This is where things go down hill. Needless to say the room was run down. Stains on the walls, carpet is older, one old cheap picture hanging on the wall. Uncomfortable chairs and small table. Bath Sink was bright yellow counter-top that matched nothing in the room and pretty small. Very small bathroom. I did not shower there as the people with me did and were both scorched by hot water and freezing water as they showered. Guessing this is due to people flushing the toilet in the next room over. A couple good things, the room was clean considering animals are apparently allowed to stay in these rooms. (We had dogs all around us, and the one next door barked quite a bit) No bad smell in the room. The bedding was decent and clean. The pillows were cheap and had no support at all. The beds were the worst beds we've ever slept in. HARD AS A ROCK. If I had booked 2 nights here, I would have moved to another hotel for sure. Basically this place needs some updating. If they update, it would be a nice place to stay over all, but at this point it's not my suggestion.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank midwestgirl75
Luke P, Owner at Cedar Hill Lodge, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
We're glad you liked our welcoming lobby, our breakfast, and our friendly staff. Thanks for mentioning our clean guest rooms. We are sorry yours was not more to your liking. Thanks for letting us know your thoughts.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Ignace
#5 of 30 in Saint Ignace
Voyager Inn of Saint Ignace
Voyager Inn of Saint Ignace
#21 of 30 in Saint Ignace

Been to Cedar Hill Lodge? Share your experiences!