“spotty food, but cool building”
Review of Chee Peng - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chee Peng
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 17, 2013

this is a very quirky chinese place in a resort town. the menu is all over the place with regional chinese, thai, korean, and american. the menu is also very poorly organized and hard to understand.
lunch is cut off at 3 pm and dinner is a little pricey so we get carry out in early afternoon and take to park to eat. The cabbage soup was terrible. cashew chicken not too good either, but the szechuan chicken, and vegetable stir fry were good, the chicken fried rice was quite tasty. as was the other soup we tried, cant remember the name.
staff was friendly, and the inside is so old and unchanged it is like walking back into 1950. If you remember the chinese place in the Christmas Story movie, this reminds me of that.
It is the up after all, and this little place fits right in.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

They had pretty good food and soup the service was great but I thought it was a little slow and I tried some new soup I didnt think I would like it but I did

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Don't know how the food was here. We sat for 20 min. waiting for girl to take our order. Another group came in after us and she told them they could sit down, but she didn't know when they'd get waited on cause there were 4 tables and to-go orders ahead of them. They left. She never brought us our drinks or took our order, so we left, too.