“Needs gravy”

Lehto's Pasties
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Can't believe this is # 1 rated. Although the pastie/pasty was hot and good crust, I don't know what all the fuss is about this little joint out of a time machine.
My wife said it was as dry as a buckwheat pass of wind. It fits in with the mystery spot.

2  Thank seescokid

Reviewed September 23, 2013

First off, Lehto's is not in St. Ignace, it's about five miles to the west. Second of all, if you like pasties, this may very well be the pastie of your dreams.
I guess that's my problem, pasties not Lehto's. I mean, what's to like, pie dough, meat, potatoes, and a stomach-full at that. But that's pretty much it.
It's a shame because you could so much more. Think pot pie, you know like carrots or peas or mushrooms, sweet potatoes, bacon, the sky's the limit. But everyone seems to stick with just the basics, dough, meat, potatoes.
But back to Lehto's, it is neat place, so keep driving, it's just over the next hill. The pastie was hot, fresh and filling, and the guy running it has a history with the place, worked there as a kid or something.
If you go, buy your pastie and drive back to that cute little park that you passed that overlooks Lake Michigan for a picnic.
Sorry I couldn't be more positive, I really want to. Maybe one of those food truck guys will bring these things into the new millennium and I'll convert.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have eaten pasties all over the U.P. and these are by far the absolute best. They are made and baked fresh daily. You can purchase them hot to eat or frozen to take home. It is a small business that has been in the family for years located just a few miles west of St. Ignace on Hwy 2. The owners are very friendly and always enjoy visiting with their customers. The pasties are indescribably delicious. I always bring some home. The crust is tender and flakey and the filling is packed in! They are sooooo good!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have been enjoying Lehto's Pasties for the last 20 years when I travel to Saint Ignace on vacation. Located about three to four miles west of town on US2, it is "out of town" but this is one of the best pasties in the area. Have some milk with your pasty.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The pasties are some of the best ever. We called in our order the day before and they had everything ready for us. Even some extras for those who wanted more.