“Local specialty, home cooking”
Review of Lehto's Pasties

Lehto's Pasties
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Pasties are my ethnic food, so I consider myself a connoisseur ; o)

These were excellent! You can watch them -- and smell them! -- being made. They're authentic, they're very tasty, and the price is right! Service was very friendly, even though the place was busy (at 10 AM! Guess other people had the same idea I did, having a pasty for brunch).
The little store is absolutely charming, and the owner let me take all the photos I wanted.

My only complaint is: what's wrong with Yoopers?? They put strange things on their pasties -- gravy or ketchup. I asked for chili sauce, which everyone from SW Wisconsin knows is the correct condiment, and I get blank stares.

Would definitely go out of my way to get my hands on these pasties again -- even if it meant bringing my own chili sauce.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We ate these twice on our 4 day trip to St. Ignace. Glad that so many people recommended them. You can buy them hot, cold, or frozen.

1  Thank emptynester05
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have tried other pasties from the area and these are hands down the best! They have been in business since the 40's.

1  Thank dlk5656
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Lehtos was a regular stop for my family and I, while on our way to Alpha Michigan in Iron county.
We got out of the habit of eating there because when we got there, they would be out of pasties and closed. They are the last Pasty shop on the way out of St. Ignace and we never wanted to turn back from our long journey.
I stopped there recently and discovered the pasties there are some of the best. Their crust is superior to the others i've tried.
We are more inclined to stop and get a pasty on our way home to Lansing, as they are still closed sometimes when they run out of pasties.

1  Thank Ericleggo
Reviewed July 28, 2013

i have had my share of pasties and i haver never had a chance to stop and have a pastie here wow they are the best ever

1  Thank jlw11