“Our first pasties”

Lehto's Pasties
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Based on Travelocity recommendation, we stopped for our first try at pasties. Delicious! Flaky crust and delicious filling!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

You know a place is good when they don't have a menu. You just walk in and they ask "How many?" LOVED Lehto's; best pasty I've ever had, hands down -- warm and straight from the oven, with a flaky, buttery crust that can't be beat anywhere else on the UP.

1  Thank Sheila412
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I starting eating Lehto's pasties when I was a young child and my parents would stop here on their way to vacation each year in the UP. We (and I, after my parents died) stopped here every year, both on our way up and again on the way back. My mother would steak Finnish to the owners as they were packaging up our pasties. The new owner is using the original recipe (I believe the daughter had changed it after her parents died) and it is wonderful! The meat is very tasty, the seasonings are good, just a touch of rutabaga adds flavor, the crust (made with lard) is simply to die for, but most importantly, the potatoes are sliced, not cubed! It is the sliced potatoes that make Lehto's pasties the very best!

I've eaten a lot of pasties in the UP (Upper Peninsula of of Michigan), in Northern Michigan, in Central Michigan, in Florida, in Montana and even in Cornwall, England! In my "expert" opinion, Lehto's pasties are absolutely the best -- bar none!

Lehto's is located about 7 1/2 miles west of the bridge on US 2. It is strictly a take-out place, but buy some milk, get some ketchup, buy your pasties and stop at one of the roadside parks to either the East or to the West, and ENJOY!

1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Introduced to them on a high school trip from the LP to check out Michigan Tech in '84. Stopped there every commute back and forth for 5 years (not 4). Tried them from all over, none come close. Love the counter and the menu - hot or frozen.

1  Thank Eddie2195
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

If your menu has one item, you better do it well! Lehto's did not disappoint! Don't ask for gravy or ketchup with your pasty, you won't get it here. We ate ours on our drive west on highway 2.

2  Thank Denise_D07