“Best of the best”

Lehto's Pasties
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Introduced to them on a high school trip from the LP to check out Michigan Tech in '84. Stopped there every commute back and forth for 5 years (not 4). Tried them from all over, none come close. Love the counter and the menu - hot or frozen.

1  Thank Eddie2195

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

If your menu has one item, you better do it well! Lehto's did not disappoint! Don't ask for gravy or ketchup with your pasty, you won't get it here. We ate ours on our drive west on highway 2.

2  Thank Denise_D07
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We travelled for the first time to the Upper Peninsula and wanted to try the local Pasties. After reading the great reviews here we tried some at Lehto's. They are absolutely fantastic. Delicious and large . One is enough for 2 adults. We took ours up the road to the Lake Michigan lookout and ate them at the picnic site loverlooking the Lake. I would highly recommend Lehto's for Pasties.

1  Thank wigsy
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was our first time trying pasties. We found Lehto's based on other reviews from Trip Advisor. The man behind the counter was not very friendly but the pasty was amazing! The pastry was flaky and golden brown, the beef filling was steaming hot and full of flavor. I'm glad we took the time to find Lehto's.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Thanks to TripAdvisor for steering me to this little place. I've always thought of pasties as dry and bland, but this was something else entirely - flaky crust, juicy interior, perfectly spiced meat. This place does one thing and does it well. And after spending tons of cash everywhere else, it was startling to pay only $5.50 for a slice of heaven. I got one fresh to eat on the road and got one frozen to take home and eat later - I wish I'd bought many more!