“Best Pasty Ever”

Lehto's Pasties
Ranked #9 of 43 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 7, 2012

You know you've hit a good restaurant, when they've been in business for over half a century and they have only one thing on their menu. I have had several pasties in the past and been extremely unimpressed....dry and no flavor. On a recent trip, a friend made us stop here on the way through the UP (as he always stops here). I was skeptical, but the pasties made my mouth sing!!!!!!!! They do have a cooler of beverages that you can wash down your pasty wtih

There are no seats to sit down, so you either eat on the run or spend some time in the parking lot walking about talking with your friend while you enjoy this wonderful Upper Peninsula meal.

1  Thank daddycat
There are newer reviews for Lehto's Pasties

Reviewed July 26, 2012

there are new owners. The original recipe has been restored. The crust is flaky and the meat content has a nice blend. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Lehto's is the original and Best!. Their pasties are always fresh and have great flavor. Many years ago, a friend brought me a pasty from another restaurant; it was awful, simply awful. I never ate another. A few years ago, my Husband who is from the UP, finally got me to taste a pasty from Lehto's; I was hooked! You can purchase one that is fresh and hot, or one that was made and frozen fresh to be cooked a later time.
We buy both; fresh and hot to have while we're up there and in the fall, we buy a large amount to cook and eat fresh through the winter. Fresh ingredients, very clean restaurant, great, great flavor!
Word to the wise...cash or check only!!!

2  Thank JRHLansing_MI
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I would definetly stop again....good, filling pasties that are down right tasty:)

Reviewed December 20, 2011

Over the years I have tried hundreds of pasties from all across the upper peninsula, & Lehto's Pasties have the best around. Located just west of St. Ignace on U.S. Highway 2, this little "mom & pops" pasty shop is a "must stop" for anyone traveling through the eastern U.P. The Lehto's family really know what they are doing when it come to making these local delicacies.

3  Thank D-mac906