“Try this place.”

The Gangplank
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We had a recommendation from a local to eat here and I'm glad we did. The whitefish sandwich and fries were great.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I drive from Ohio to the UP for work every other week and look forward to stopping in St. Ignace for dinner. We discovered the Gangplank last summer and we are very happy about it. Everything is fresh fresh fresh! Nothing is premade or frozen including the super yummy Greek salad dressing for the Greek chicken salad. If you are a burger fan the skirted cheese burger is a gooey cheesy fabulous burger on a perfectly toasted ciabatta bun that actually stands up to the big perfectly cooked burger. The fries are fresh cut and very good and the tortilla chips and salsa are all made on site and boy are they good! The view of the harbor is the best in town and the place is perfect for kids..good kid meal choices and they get to grab a toy from the treasure chest. This is a great little place.

1  Thank tamrie123
Reviewed June 26, 2012

If you are looking for prepackaged frozen food go somewhere else. Everything here is yummy. And fresh! They even make their own tortilla chips! No sauces out of a jar either. All are freshly made and teriffic. I have certain foods / ingrediends that do not agree with me and when I asked the owner to make mine "special" it was not a problem. The Gangplank is my favorite place in St. Ignace!

Reviewed September 3, 2011

My entire family really, really, likes this place. Just try it -you won't be sorry. We tried this place for the first time recently - then ate there for every meal except breakfast for the remaining two days of our vacation. The whitefish fingers are nicely and simply breaded - just the right amount of breading and spice. The burger with cheese is fantastic and the kids meals are very good too. I had the fish tacos one night and loved them, really, really good - but would have been better with corn rather than flour tortillas - but still seriously delicious.

But the top on my list is the fries - fresh cut when you order and perfectly fried - be sure to ask for their "fries sauce" - completely addictive - and so good that I've sworn off fries until I can have theirs again. They've spoiled me for any other fries! Just go!!

Reviewed August 23, 2011

We decided to have lunch here. We ordered whitefish finger baskets, whitefish tacos and a pulled pork sandwich. Everything on the menu was priced around $8.95. The people who had the whitefish finger baskets said it was OK but the the fries were limp and soggy. The whitefish tacos did receive a good review. The pulled pork sandwich came with a vinegar based coleslaw ON the sandwich. There wasn't any mention of this on the menu. It was difficult to remove from the pork and still left the vinegar taste. We decided the food was not worth the price. I gave this place an average overall rating because of the whitefish tacos and whitefish fingers.

1  Thank travelsavage51