Review Highlights

Average

Reviewed July 15, 2015
dmm316
Newport, Michigan

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 18, 2017

This place is a welcome alternative to many of the other options in the Mackinaw area. Owners appear to be Native Americans who can speak to Native American culture with some authenticity. Seems as though the business has changed hands in the recent past. The teepee outdoors is super neat and there are plenty of native craft work indoors---and it's all free!

2  Thank Deltadriver
Reviewed July 16, 2017

Gift shop with Local hand made crafts, goods, art and antiques! Smudge, Minigan, Local Honey and Amish Maple Syrup and Beautiful Hand woven rugs!!! Many interesting items to see.

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

Lovely place with new owners. Not your typical souvenirs shop, but stocked with handmade items from local artists and the Southwest. Owners very nice!!! Definitely check it out when in St. Ignace; you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank southofnormal
Reviewed November 22, 2015

We homeschool and make this a field trip to Totem Village every time we visit Saint Ignace MI. (which isn't often enough LOL)

Reviewed August 4, 2015

Since I have visited this Indian based theme store for years, I thought I'd stop last year, but it was closed. However, it is open again. But it just is your average souvenir shop, and I didn't bother with seeing the minuscule "museum" they have. But the place was rather busy in early July, on a weekday.

Reviewed July 15, 2015

This is pretty much your average gift shop. The "museum" that is mentioned on their sign out front is a small room in the back with a few artifacts and a diorama.

Reviewed October 5, 2014

Closed, all authentic Native American artifacts sold/auctioned off. IF it ever reopens, it'll just be another gift shop.

Shame. This was always a neat place that I remember from my childhood. I already miss it.

1  Thank Roadside_US
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

This store has closed, I miss it and hope somebody will eventually buy it and re open it, I've been going there since I was a kid, it's sad to see it closed.

1  Thank Rebeccamarie83
Reviewed July 2, 2014

been there several times over the last 35yrs always stop alot of the gifts havent changed much but if you have kids no matter the age stop there are photo opps .

1  Thank charmelash
Reviewed March 29, 2014

There is so much stuff in this place, you are sure to find the perfect nick knack to take home with you. The woven blankets are a good value, have had mine for several years & it's held up great.

1  Thank Marilyn Z