“yummy!!”

Cuisines: American
Description: ph (906)643-8487
Description: ph (906)643-8487
Reviewed July 22, 2012

homemade pasties. great friendly service. First time trying pasties & our family enjoyed them.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Visited here for lunch, based on reading T.A. reviews. The pasty was good, but mighty small. Likewise for the cole slaw. Service was prompt and friendly. As we drove north in the U.P., we found much better dining values.

1  Thank miatatourer
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stopped for lunch after climbing castle rock and had pasties and two kids meals. Everyone cleaned their plates, the meals were delicious, and I loved that the side for the kids meal was fresh strawberries - a huge hit with our kids. They also have a sign displayed that they support breast feeding moms :) We will not miss Bessie's on our next trip through St Ignace.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I've never had a bad meal at Bessie's. The pasties are consistently great, but also try their sandwiches. Yum! This past trip up, I tried their chili. So totally home made that I could have swore my Mom was in their kitchen. Honest... not heavy Sysco slop, just real, home-made good food. If you eat out on the patio, you just might have a seagull audience, which is fun.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My Yooper husband wanted a pasty while we were in the UP. We stopped at Bessie's and ate at some ungodly early hour - I think it was 4:30, because our early lunch and zipling left us starving by 4. The pasties were good, and our service was nice. The staff was whispering really amusing town gossip that we tried not to giggle at, as we were the only folks there.

Anyway, the pasty: no rutabaga (my husband was thanking God), but good quality meat. The pasty crust was superb. Simple, hearty food that was well done.

1  Thank Amelia E