“KOA St Ignace”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Ignace
St. Ignace / Mackinac Island KOA
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Best place to park your camper, very quiet, very nice staff. Would stay again. Close to bridge and downtown, we stayed for three days. We thought it was a great place for the camper while we tour the Island, and other sights in the area. Had laundry facitity and shower that where clean. TV was good and worked well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for St. Ignace / Mackinac Island KOA

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I've been camping a long time and KOA's used to be "above and beyond" when it came to amenities and the level at which a campground is run. It seems that the KOA level has slipped a bit for this campground. The sites were "ok", extremely close to one another, and limited availability for shaded sites. The bathrooms were up to standard, very clean and well supplied. There were no activities, which was good and bad, no loudspeaker blaring every 15 minutes. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bubbagags
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have spent an entire camping season at the Mackinac Island/St.Ignace KOA. The owner is nice and so is his staff. The cable tv hookup on the full service sites worked well. The internet was not perfect, but it was good enough to get by with. I really liked the swimming pool, and the park is nice place to walk with my dog Biscuit who became the unofficial KOA KampDog when we were there. I have gone back to this specific KOA many times. They even give my dog little milk bones when I walk him to the office. They treat us well there and we have gone off and on to this KOA for several years.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stopped here for the night on our way to the Porcupine Mountains. I was great for a one night. I did have issue with that the pull thru sites were not level. I would expect full hook-up pull thru sites to be level. Also some of the utilities were not easily accessible. If I would have wanted to hook up to cable I would have needed a 50 foot cable which I didn't have. The office did lend us a 30 to 50 Amp adapter as we couldn't locate ours. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I didn't use any of the facilities so I cannot comment on them. I would stop here again but probably not for a long vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jennyprovo
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Nice campground. The bathrooms were a little out dated but they were always clean and stocked! The ground were had a little less grass than I would have liked but still ok. Over all I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Paramedic927
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This KOA is pretty nice, very woodsy, very much a "campground", not a giant parking lot for campers so much. The pool was clean, they have a very nice game room, children's play area, laundry facilities. The bathrooms and showers were very clean and well maintained. We stayed in a 2 room Kamping-Kabin, it was very nice, and clean. Situated way at the back of the campground (site K9), it really felt like we were camping alone in the woods. There was a family staying in the cabin next to us, we couldn't see each other and only knew the other was there when the Kabin door slammed, or we started the car to leave. The place was quiet, only an occasional car or truck driving by on the highway, which was about a 1/4 mile away, and barely audible. We stayed on a weekend, and the park was still quiet and not very crowded. A walk around the park takes a while, it's a big campground! Lots of very nice campsites, I may come back with the pop-up camper sometime. The staff was friendly (well, as friendly as Lions fans can be -go Packers!), the store was well stocked, although they didn't have coffee available that I could find. Wifi was slow and weak, that seems to be the norm though, and I don't really stay at a campground to surf the web, although my kids would state otherwise. My one gripe was that the firewood was pretty much useless! If I ever want to build a fireproof house, I'm going to buy my lumber there! The wood was green and wet and if you could get a piece of it to burn, it would hiss like a snake from all the sap/moisture boiling out. Buy your firewood down the road...

Room Tip: There are a couple of Kabins near the front of the campground, I would avoid those, the good ones ar...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

We have a KOA card have been to many over the years. This one is terrible. No kids activities, sites are pure dirt. Spider galore. What a mess.

• Stayed: July 2012