“Awesome place but book early!!!”
Review of Driftwood Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Ignace
Driftwood Motel
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed February 24, 2014

If you can get in - in the winter, this is the perfect snowmobiler's place to stay. You never have to move your vehicle and trailers the whole weekend and can park your snowmobile at the room. They have a great restaurant, seafood buffet on friday nights, a bar. The rooms are wonderfully renovated. They are pet-friendly. The wi-fi works wonderfully throughout the whole place which is more than I can say for some other hotels in the town. Located RIGHT on the trail. Big bathroom.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lilacs109
hannah2-7, Owner at Driftwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your great review. We hope to have the opportunity to be your host again and again! Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The Driftwood Motel still looks like an older roadside motel but the rooms are nicely updated. The rooms are small and two queen beds are a bit of a tight squeeze but the bathroom is actually pretty big with a newer sink, toilet and tub and very nice tile throughout. The furniture in the room was a bit dated. However, it, and the room in general, was very clean. The motel staff were very friendly. The restaurant attached to the motel was very nice also with good breakfast food.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank silentsnowkat
hannah2-7, Owner at Driftwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for the kind words regarding the Driftwood. We are happy that you were comfortable here and enjoyed your stay. Please come back to stay again soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Our visit here was not planned initially, but it was one of the most adorable and clean motels we've stayed in in a long time! For the price, you CANNOT beat it! The front desk staff had a genuine smile and welcoming charm, and the rooms were spectacular! The beds were clean and comfortable and I can't get over how SUPER CUTE the pine furniture was!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LubirdKennedy

We are so pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable and that the staff was so pleasant. We certainly hope that we have the opportunity to be your host again in the near future! Thank you for the great review.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stopped here by a stroke of luck this evening and found something noteworthy. Beautifully remodeled rooms with cedar furniture, good bed, huge handicapped-accessible bathroom, refrigerator, eco-friendly soaps, thick towels, pets welcome ($10/night), nice restaurant. I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and this motel is much nicer than many that cost twice as much and aren't worth the money!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ira M

Thank you very much for the nice review. We really enjoy hearing the compliments and would love the opportunity to be your host again in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a delightful stay in this sparkling clean remodeled Mom and Pop style motel. Great value with a super restaurant/sports bar attached with a good on tap beer selection and regional fish dishes. Highly recommend the whole experience.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you very much for the great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to be your host again in the future!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The rooms are very nice and the attached restaurant has very good food. The prices are reasonable and the staff in both the restaurant and hotel are very friendly. It is also located directly across from the mackinaw island ferry.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Nickle761
hannah2-7, Owner at Driftwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review. We really appreciate your patronage and hope that you will give us the opportunity to be your host again in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Don't make the mistake of checking in around dinner time. I got there with a car full of damp, tired people and walked a distance in the rain because I couldn't park nearby. There were no signs about where to check in so I went to the busy lobby area of the restaurant and patiently commenced waiting in line to just ask the busy cashiers if this was the lobby for the motel. After about five minutes I got to the front of the line and they seemed dismayed I wanted to check in then. 'Could I wait until they take care of this lineup of customers?' "No" was my response and they took care of me without any further problem - although I didn't feel I could ask any questions.

We had one of the newer rooms and it was good for the price paid. Due to a dog, our companions had a room in the older section and it was a little less-okay. I didn't like the benches out front with people from other rooms (seemed like a construction crew was staying there) sitting on the bench near our one window. So I had to close the window, and close the blind. There was lots of commotion in the parking lot due to the restaurant / bar. I never bothered to check it out. We had a great dinner down the road.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer section.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
hannah2-7, Owner at Driftwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Driftwood Motel. July is a very busy time for us so I am sure we had a lot of guests in and around the lobby and I do apologize for the inconvenience of waiting in line. We strive to operate a clean, comfortable property for our guests and provide as many amenities for them as possible, which includes the benches, Adirondack chairs and patio sets we have placed around the property. I do apologize that some of the other guests disturbed you while they were enjoying these amenities, sometimes people are not aware they are disturbing others. I wish you would have tried our restaurant or sports bar instead of traveling to another dining establishment, I'm sure you would have really enjoyed our food and service. Thank you for your past patronage.