“Noisy”
Review of Driftwood Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Ignace
Driftwood Motel
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Don't make the mistake of checking in around dinner time. I got there with a car full of damp, tired people and walked a distance in the rain because I couldn't park nearby. There were no signs about where to check in so I went to the busy lobby area of the restaurant and patiently commenced waiting in line to just ask the busy cashiers if this was the lobby for the motel. After about five minutes I got to the front of the line and they seemed dismayed I wanted to check in then. 'Could I wait until they take care of this lineup of customers?' "No" was my response and they took care of me without any further problem - although I didn't feel I could ask any questions.

We had one of the newer rooms and it was good for the price paid. Due to a dog, our companions had a room in the older section and it was a little less-okay. I didn't like the benches out front with people from other rooms (seemed like a construction crew was staying there) sitting on the bench near our one window. So I had to close the window, and close the blind. There was lots of commotion in the parking lot due to the restaurant / bar. I never bothered to check it out. We had a great dinner down the road.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer section.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
hannah2-7, Owner at Driftwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Driftwood Motel. July is a very busy time for us so I am sure we had a lot of guests in and around the lobby and I do apologize for the inconvenience of waiting in line. We strive to operate a clean, comfortable property for our guests and provide as many amenities for them as possible, which includes the benches, Adirondack chairs and patio sets we have placed around the property. I do apologize that some of the other guests disturbed you while they were enjoying these amenities, sometimes people are not aware they are disturbing others. I wish you would have tried our restaurant or sports bar instead of traveling to another dining establishment, I'm sure you would have really enjoyed our food and service. Thank you for your past patronage.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Since our last stay 3 years ago, has undergone some remodeling. Rooms include refridgerator, hair dryer. Sports bar & restaurant attached. Pricier than in the past, we guess due to remodeling. Awfully noisy in the a.m.

Room Tip: All face the bay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rychrlim

Thank you for your recent review of our property. We have done some remodeling to the rooms and have included some additional amenities to make our guests that much more comfortable. I would like to apologize for the noise you encountered in the morning, unfortunately not every guest is sensitive to other guests' comfort. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will give us the opportunity to be your host again in the future. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The rooms a very spacious and clean. My neighbor had a dog that enjoyed barking when his owner was away, but I blame the owner for that, not the dog :) We appreciate the Driftwood being pet friendly, it make traveling with a pet much nicer. The restaurant serves excellent food and the service is top notch! Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Biker friendly, which is fine until they start up their "hogs" at 6:30 or 7 in the morning...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of the Driftwood Motel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our spacious, clean accommodations and hope you will get an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

A very good place to stay in St Ignace. Always clean and well maintained. Upper Peninsula atmosphere with good view of the docks, Lake and Mackinaw Island. Hotel has a sports bar and dining room attached that serves excellent food. Try the Planked Whitefish for an enjoyable treat. Rates are family friendly!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MichiganMurcielago

Thank you for taking the time to review the Driftwood Motel. We appreciate your past patronage and hope that we can serve you again in the future. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. Please try us again soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We decided to stay in town for an extra night at the last minute, and were able to get the last available room here. It was very clean and a great value for the money. It was half the price of the Best Western down the street. We will definitely be back next time we are in town!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great review. I am happy that you appreciated our prices and value for your dollar, as well as the cleanliness of our property. We look forward to being your host again in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Found a diamond in the rough! Stayed in the snowflake cottage, it was comfortable, clean, and had more than we needed! Felt like home ! The owners and staff are wonderful- we will be back! My son dropped his necklace down the drain in the bathroom, and in no time, the staff had the pipe torn apart, and the necklace retrieved! There is a restaurant and bar on the property as well, very nice too. Great location-

Room Tip: A great mom and pop place !
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your great review about the Snowflake Cottage. I am happy that you were pleased with the cleanliness and convenience of the cottage and its great location. I hope that we have the opportunity to be your host again in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here! Could not believe what a great deal for the price! Good location, clean room and friendly staff. We will be back!! The fireworks on Saturday nights is a nice touch! The only thing to improve would be the brightness of the light bulbs in the room. A little too dim for us. Other wise we highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our motel. I am glad that you appreciate our prices, location, and cleanliness. We hope that you are able to visit us again soon! Also, the bulbs that you mentioned are a low wattage, energy saving bulb, but we also think they are too dim, so are looking for a better option.