“Bad Night turned Okay Day”
Review of Driftwood Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Ignace
Driftwood Motel
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I arrived here on a Tuesday evening (off season) and was told I could have a dog and that the restaurant was open till 9 pm but the bar till 12:30. I had driven from WI so my time was off and when I came back to eat I realized they were closing soon, but they still sat me on the restaurant side. Service was average but the food was delicious. Some of the staff in the evening were rude and treated me and several others like we were bothers and made some statements that were uncalled for. The next day I talked to the owner/manager and she listened and we straightened things out and things were handled accordingly. Room was nice and included a mini fridge, pet friendly and liked that there was a restaurant/bar several steps away.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank irish_elf23
hannah2-7, Owner at Driftwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your patronage, we really appreciate it. We apologize if you feel you were not treated as you should have been during your evening meal. It is our goal to ensure that every customer recieves the friendliest customer service as possible, so we do apologize for any experience you had that would suggest otherwise. We are glad that we were able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, as that is our goal, customer satisfaction. Thank you so much for your business, and we hope to see you again really soon. Thank you!

Reviewed September 6, 2011

I arrived here late on a Friday night, late check in was not an issue. The staff was pleasant in bar, motel& restaurant. Rooms were clean& they are definietily pet friendly. Small rooms but great value especially for a quick stay. In the restaurant the waitress I had (Roxanne) was wonderful& the next week when I stopped in again she remembered my daughter from previous week. Great service:-)

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank heed74

Thank you so much for you patronage, it is very much appreciated. It is always nice to hear from our customers, and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We strive to provide every customer with the best experience possible, both in the motel, and in the restaurant. We are glad to hear that you were able to experience this firsthand. Once again thank you so much for being our guest. Hope to see you again really soon, thank you!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband I stayed at the Driftwood Hotel last week. We were on our motorcycle, so were looking for a place that had restaurants and bars close so we could walk. The hotel was very clean. There is an excellent bar and restaurant on site. There is a small park across the street with a nice clean beach area. A very nice choice for our stay in the U.P.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iluvdawgs

Thank you so much for your patronage, it is very much appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here during your visit to the straits area. It is always our goal to provide every customer with the best experience possible, and we are glad you enjoyed your time here. We are pleased to hear that you also enjoyed the restaurant and sports bar, as well as some of the other fun things to check out within walking distance. Thank you so much for being our guest, and we hope to see you again really soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

When my husband and I are heading to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for our annual camping trip, we usually stop in St. Ignace for the night before continuing on. When we do, we usually stay at the Driftwood. It's so convenient to be able to park the car and then have dinner and drinks at the attached sports bar and just walk on back to our room. During our most recent stay, I ordered the fish taco (yum!) and my husband ordered an old favorite - the mushroom swiss burger (on the menu it's called the Ohio State burger, but I hate to say that out loud). The rooms are clean and the price is not too bad. Nothing fancy, but reliable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Not by any means a luxury motel/hotel, however for a basic clean well maintained motel, this is the one. Rooms are older smaller in size, however very clean with direct access to your car in front of each room as well as a great reasonable quality restaurant on site and separate sports bar. Is located directly across from two of the three ferry lines that run to Mackinac Island. The staff is very warm and helpful. They offer a $3 discount on each ferry ticket at the front desk just for the asking. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms 122 and 123 are probably the best rooms, both have two beds for up to four people.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MichTravel0
Reviewed July 9, 2011

When my wife called for reservations we reserved a room with 2 double beds, when we checked in we had 1 double bed. The room smelled very musty with an overbearing odor of Fabreze! The window blinds would not close, had to turn each one by hand. I realize this was a holiday weekend, but, should have been better prepared. Had someone from an ajoining home blocking part of the driveway all weekend. All in all less than pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
hannah2-7, Owner at Driftwood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

I would like to apologize for your recent unpleasant stay at the Driftwood Motel. We strive to maintain a clean, comfortable motel, restaurant, and sports bar and I am very disappointed that your stay was unsatisfactory. I would like to offer to send you a complimantary nights lodging in the hopes that if you were to give us a second chance to be your host we could make up for your last visit. The problems you mentioned are totally unsatisfactory and I would be glad to send you a certificate in the mail if you would provide your address. Please feel free to contact me by phone at 906-643-7744.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Over the years we've stayed at the Driftwood. Its been convenient and inexpensive. The showers have always been a bit "funky" (dark and small) but for the price the place couldn't be beat -- and it is pet friendly. Having a restaurant right there was also a plus.

But out last stay there was without sleep. A group of bikers kept up two parties almost all night. The racket was unbelievable and spilled out into the parking lot. Open beer drinking and loud shouting was intimidating. Its not the sort of place to stay unless you are willing to join the ranks of the alcoholics.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

I would like to take this opportunity to respond to your recent review by apologizing for the guests who were not very respectful of others. I didn't receive any other complaints from guests that evening, but would have been happy to speak to them about the noise level. I think when people get together with a group of friends they don't always realize how loud they are. The carpet was scheduled to be replaced and has been taken care of. I am disappointed that your stay was unpleasant and would like the opportunity to send you a complimentary night lodging in the hopes that you will give us another opportunity to be your host. Please feel free to call 906-643-7744. Thank you for your past patronage.