“Awesome, Location and Service”

Voyager Inn of Saint Ignace
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a great priced hotel in St Ignace, MI. If you are looking for luxury, go somewhere else. If looking for clean, great price hotel Look no farther. Close to the Highway for easy on and off. A few hours away from Major Northern attractions, But not far from boat shuttle to the Mackinaw Island. The Bridge view is awesome in the Straits State Park right across from hotel, we walked to it.
The best part is having the ever smiling Jodi, manning the hotel, Loved her! The vending machine was out of water, when Jodi went out of her way, to give my SIL a huge glass of ice water. Jodi was on top of every issue that arise! AWESOME EMPLOYEE you have there! The hotel had an outside patio facing U.S.2. We got to see TONS of Mini Coopers drive back and forth, while enjoying the outdoors with a beer and cigarette. They do need an ashtray out there though. It irritates me that another smoker was throwing her cigarettes on the ground. No elevator, didn't partake in the continental breakfast, although lots did. They also had coffee day and night. And they make popcorn every night. We were to full to eat it from our fabulous dinners. We will stay again, BONUS IF the Friendly Jodi is working :)

Room Tip: We were by the pool, I didn't hear a thing, although my hubby said he did.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roxanne S
gnik1414, Owner at Voyager Inn of Saint Ignace, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Looking forward to hot tub. The pool water was cloudy. Hot tub did not look in operation. There were no tables, chairs etc. in the pool room. I think they were trying but..... I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fun2gogal
gnik1414, Owner at Voyager Inn of Saint Ignace, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Sorry you had a bad experience with our pool area, we do plan on getting all new furniture, It just wasn't in our budget because we upgraded out beds and TV's this Spring. Thank you for pointing out my next upgrade...

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here for family vacation the past week.

Pros: Nightly popcorn, pool was clean, beds were comfortable, room was clean, maid service was good. Lots of channels on tv.

Cons: No supervision in pool, lots of kids unattended, ruined it for little kids. Kind of pricey for what you get, no microwave or fridge in room, A/C didn't really get the room as cool as we would have liked. WiFi only works when it wants to.

We got a stay 2 nights, get 1 night 1/2 off discount, which is why we chose this hotel. For the amenities you get and it not being near the water, I probably wouldn't have paid over $100 a night for the room, but it was good enough to sleep in (which is all we needed). The hotel has WiFi, but be advised, it only works when it wants to. Not reliable for people that need to work or have school online.

We would probably have stayed again, accept for this morning when we were leaving. We were having breakfast in the lobby (waffles, donut holes, bagels, cereal, fruit were available). An elderly woman, in her late 60's, early 70's came to get her bill. She spoke with Glen at the front desk and expressed her dissatisfaction. She said the beds were uncomfortable and squeaked every time you moved and there was hair on the bathroom floor. At first, Glen seemed concerned and apologized, asking what he could do to make it better. The woman replied that she wasn't sure, but they wouldn't be staying in the hotel again on their next trip to the area. Glen at the desk then said "Well I asked what I could do to make it better...and this is after you've used the room. If you had told me last night I could have moved you." (He doesn't work the desk at night, only in the morning). She told him that they didn't discover the beds were bad until they went to go to bed and it would have been too late to move. Mind you, she hadn't asked him to do anything, like a discount or anything. He then said, in a sarcastic, snarky tone.."Well I could buy new beds, would that make you happy? Is that want you want me to do?" There were about 12 people in the lobby at the time and another customer walked by him, shook his head and said "wow..."

For this incident we will not stay here again. I don't know if Glen is the owner or just the manager, but there was a better way to handle this situation than to get nasty with her. The woman just walked away. They have now lost her as a customer and myself. Our extended family travels that way quite a bit and I've expressed to my friends and family not to stay here if this is the way customers are treated. Poor customer service after you've taken someone's money.

3  Thank Rebecca C
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We booked online. Pet friendly guided us to them. Don't usually travel with the pets. Didn't realize they charged extra for pets ($10) per pet per night. And is not included when booking online. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Not a new place like most places up north. I do recommend this hotel.

1  Thank rrtommy
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were traveling thru the area and decided we needed to stop for the night (Saturday, July 6th). Unfortunately we had our pet with us..so wasn't sure if we'd be able to find a place. After stopping at the first place we saw and asking about their pet policy, they directed us to the Voyager Inn. They did have a room for us and our pet for an extra small fee. The staff were extremely nice and courteous. Free popcorn which the kids loved. Our room was very nice, we were pleasantly surprised for a small inn and also one that allows pets. I have allergies to many animals and was worried that I would have trouble. However, I had a great experience and not one problem! Breakfast was very good too..bagels, cereal, toast, English muffins, donut holes (really good and fresh!), fresh fruit, milk, oj and coffee. Although we don't travel much with our dog, we would definitely stay here again without her!

1  Thank bethbeam
gnik1414, Owner at Voyager Inn of Saint Ignace, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for your business and your review, we appreciate your input and will do our best to make your next stay even better. Glen

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We searched for a pet-friendly motel that had good ratings and found this one. The price is extremely reasonable and I had doubts that it could be as good as the reviews. I was pleased to find a clean, comfortable room. They offered freshly popped popcorn in the lobby each evening, and the continental breakfast was satisfying. The desk personnel were friendly and informative. The pool was inviting and the hot tub was a joy after a long, rainy day at Mackinac Island.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your business and input, we work hard to better ourselves and appreciate it when a guest tell gives us their prospective.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I really like the Voyager Inn because it is right off the high-way. The pool area is really nice, and they have a nice hot tub as well. We stayed in pool-side rooms, not thinking on my part - it was very loud as soon as the pool opened, it was full of kids, so forget trying to relax. With a little work the hotel could be super nice. They really need to replace the carpeting it is very old, and the chairs in the lobby are very stained. The staff was very nice, and the continental breakfast was sufficient. All in all for the price you really can't beat it!

Room Tip: If you want quiet do not select a poolside room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends