“Good food...Bad hostess”

Horseshoe Bay Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 43 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We decided to eat at this restaurant for lunch/dinner while we went to the casino on 9/23/12. The food was good but could've been better. I ordered the club on rye toast and when I got it the toast was a little too burnt for me. Our waiter, who I believe was Marty was fantastic. He was a very good waiter. However the hostess, Maggie was not too concernced about the customers hearing her talk so rudely. She walked by our table to seat an older gentleman and an elderly man. She obviously was annoyed at the length of time it was taking them to follow her to the table because as she walked passed our table again she said "God I Hate People" pretty loud. I did say from where I was sitting how rude that was but I don't know if she heard me or not.

There are newer reviews for Horseshoe Bay Restaurant

Reviewed May 3, 2012

The title says it all, Great Food, there was 4 of us for dinner, 3 of us had fish, it very good, and the portions were substantial, the other person ordered the Slab of Ribs, again it was very good and a large portion. The only issue I had was that the entrees did not come with rolls or bread. They have a very large menu and our server walked us through the menu and her recommendations were perfect. She made sure our drinks were filled and our meals were cooked to our liking. As for the Great Price, the day before we ate at a restaurant in Mackinaw City, we ordered 4 appetizers and drinks; our bill was $48.00, our total bill at the Horseshoe Bay Restaurant was $64.00 that was for the four entrees and drinks. A much better deal, plus the quality of the food was far superior. With the high price of gas, this is one hotel restaurant that I would recommend you stay in and have dinner.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Ate there on a Friday evening. This restaurant serves either menu dining or a casino buffet. One of the evening specials that night was all you could eat white fish for $9.95. The meal came with a potato & vegetable. The fish came either broiled or fried. The restaurant was not busy and service was attentive. I had a large glass of white wine for $2.50. Our food arrived promptly. My broiled fish was a huge fillet, the second helping was 1/2 size of the first but more than adequate. We have eaten here previously and love the view looking out over the bay. We have no complaints and with our $5 comp coupons the meal was a steal.

1  Thank doggy1
Reviewed October 26, 2010

For a $12.50 per person buffet, this was a great value. The chicken dishes were great, and there was a great variety overall. Dessert selection was lackluster. This is a good overall buffet.

Reviewed July 10, 2010

This restaurant is located in the Kewadin Casino located north of town. We opted for the buffet rather than ordering of the menu. Service was prompt but of course not really needed because of the self service nature of the buffet. Offerings sounded good with things like crab legs, whitefish, shrimp, chicken and prime rib along with the ubiquitous soup and salad bar. The food turned out to be good but just Ok. The crab legs were actually better than other casino buffet offerings that we have had. Salads were cold and fresh, other entrées were bland and uninteresting. Dessert options were assorted pies and cakes along with a messy soft serve ice cream dispensing area. Good value for what it was and of course you get to go to the casino right after dinner.