“Good Food, Fair Prices, What More Do You Want.”
Review of Mackinac Grille

Mackinac Grille
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I enjoyed my whitefish and the view of the water. It was after the tourist season so it wasn't very crowded. Our waiter was attentive when needed but didn't hover over us. I wish I could say more but nothing seemed awesome and nothing seemed bad either. It was a good meal at a fair price.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

The food was decent, but the service was terrible. We waited over 40 minutes for drinks (with 2 young kids) and had to ask Virg (the manager and bartender) for drinks - she seemed very irritated with us for asking. We also waited a full hour for our food and our waitress forgot my son's entire kids meal. And to top all of this off, she didn't split or calculate the total bill amount correctly! I had to take out my phone and show her what the true total was. We will never go back and I don't recommend anyone else goes with children. The manager on duty never once came over to apologize to our families - super unprofessional.

5  Thank JD Y
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

This was our one and only stop in St. Ignace for dinner. I had a Cajun grilled whitefish that was a very well seasoned, but slightly undercooked. It was a special that came with a choice of side, and the soup and salad bar.

Salad:
Choice was alright; lettuce wasn't fresh, and most items were either out of a package, can, or frozen, so a little tasteless.

Soup:
2 choices, but no labels so I can only guess. First was some kind of cream of bacon and potatoes, very salty. 2nd was some kind of a Brocolli clear broth, again extremely salty.

Side of vegetables - either from can or frozen pack. broccoli, green beans, and squash. Again, no sweetness or any form of freshness; bland.

It is a shame that they did not make an effort to serve fresh vegetables when it is abundant in the Summer. It is not a place I would choose to visit again.

Other food sampled: kids spaghetti, kids Mack and cheese, chicken Caesar salad, and coney dog. Coney dog was not bad and it came with jalapeños on the side, kids Mack and cheese was not bad either, but too sticky for a kid to feed himself with.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We traveled to St Ignace to travel to the island the following morning. We stopped to have dinner at the grill. The server reeked of cigarette smoke and the kitchen was out of half the menu items including staple items like the whitefish dip. No one in our party was happy with their dinner. Bland at best. Nothing special. Over priced tourist trap with a great view.

2  Thank jenmor
Reviewed August 9, 2014

When a restaurant has such a great location, it should be hard to screw it up, but they have pulled it off. The cleanliness is poor - plates not very clean, disgustingly dirty salad bar, etc. the food is below average in appearance and taste. Worse than that, everything is overpriced. We are not cheap, and are more than willing to pay good money for a good meal. No matter, the food was bad enough that they could offer a five dollar entree night, and we would drive right on by. The best part of the place was the service, and even that was average at best.

3  Thank ObjectiveTravelDuo