“Good place to eat... not impressive though”
Review of Mackinac Grille

Mackinac Grille
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed in St Ignace to go snowmobiling. During winter, there is not many places open, this one was. They have daily specials, the food was okay and in good quantity, they offered the salad bar, which did not have much, the staff was not very happy to be working, who can blame them? BUT if we are spending our money there, it is good when they appreciate your business.

2  Thank Esther J

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in after a hockey game. Good was ok. Not great but not bad. Prices were fair service OK. When you are in the UP in winter, your choices are limited but this is a safe bet.

1  Thank Edelan
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't rate them any higher than average, nor would I rate them any lower than average. My husband's steak was mediocre, needless to say, and well, it was over cooked as well. He ordered medium rare and it was well done when he cut into it. With no one's fault but of his own, he chose not to mention it. Though as a server in my previous life, I think I would have caught on that something wasn't right when less than 1/4 of a steak, that was 16 oz total, had been consumed in 30 minutes & when asked for a box for the leftovers, it was not needed. My food was good. I liked the sweet/ tangy sauce on my steak and the mashed potatoes were presented well & tasted delicious. The salad bar was sub-par and the atmosphere wasn't anything special either. It wasn't a place I'd pass along to future patrons visiting the area; but when you're passing through during the off-season there isn't much of a selection.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My partner and I visited St. Ignace after the end of tourist season, and when most restaurants in town were closed for the year. The Mackinac Grille was one of the few places serving dinner - but they were *fantastic* dinners.

We ate here for dinner both nights of our stay, and we were impressed both times. The fresh seafood was amazing, and the service was very friendly and efficient.

I had the local fresh catch roasted in foil with vegetables and potatoes, and my partner had the same fresh fish roasted on a plank board. Incredible! We will definitely eat here again the next time we're 'up North'.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner here with 3 other couples. They give you a lot of food and it is upscale. The prices are moderate. The service was outstanding. We have been by the restaurant a zillion times, but never had eaten there. What a treat. We will return.