“Nice resturant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We went here when we were on vacation previously and love the food and atmosphere. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

It would be easier to say what was right, but I can't think of anything except that my daughter's sandwich wasn't horrible! My husband's spaghetti and meatballs were barely lukewarm and a very tiny plateful. Why, when spaghetti is so cheap? He didn't get his milk until he was half done eating. All the French fries were cold and rubbery. My shrimp and my granddaughter's chicken tenders were overcooked (just shy of being burnt) and tough. Another granddaughter's nachos was a plate of tortilla chips with only the top layer covered in about 1/4 up of melted cheese. I asked for tartar sauce and got that when I was almost done eating. And the list goes on!
When the waitress asked how everything was, my husband said "I don't think you want to know." Apparently, she didn't as she just turned and walked away!

1  Thank IngaMari
Reviewed July 29, 2013

the Hillside House sits on an overlook where the lake and Mackinaw Island are in clear view. There is a wrap around deck with outdoor seating that makes the experience very pleasant! The fish and burgers are very good, as were the fries and onion rings. If you like non-chain locally owned restaurants, this one is for you!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Ate here for dinner one evening and was pleasantly surprised by the food. The location of the restaurant is very cool, but I gotta say, the decor had us a little concerned. We were expecting a slightly more upscale look when we walked in, but I would call it more "shabby not-so-chic". Also, there's lots of religious references all over the place - in-your-face religion isn't really my thing, so it was a little off-putting. However, with all that said, the food was excellent. I had the whitefish salad, the greens were very fresh, the fish was well cooked, and the dressing was homemade and excellent. My dining partner had the spaghetti pie, and it was extremely flavorful. Prices are a little high for "family dining" (entrees are $10-15, kid's meals in the $5-6 range), but the quality really was excellent. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Only two staff working the tables - over worked - did not know what they were out of - had to come back twice to change our order, then it seemed to take forever to get it!