“Love this restaurant!”

Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food is great and the price is right. They always have fresh catch of the day and breakfast is wonderful too. Service is awesome!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great fish! Fern was a great waitress! Lots of food almost too much! Great value! Nothing we didn't like.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Decided to eat here after reading positive reviews.

Soft square rolls were brought to the table, which I found tasteless, rather like ones you can buy in a grocery store. The rolls are served warm, though. Not being from this area, yellow perch and walleye are new to me, so I ordered the grilled walleye, mushrooms and vegetables. My companion chose the fried perch, mashed potatoes and coleslaw. The first bite of the walleye tasted fishy, but I learned that was because I ate some of the skin which they keep on so it doesn't fall apart while grilling. Thought the rest was good, enjoyed the grilled mushrooms, but the baby carrots served with the string beans in my vegetable dish were hard to stab with my fork. My companion enjoyed his fried perch dinner.

The wait staff were very nice. I found the bathroom clean, but thought a change of stall doors would be
nice, as the lock didn't work and the doors themselves are short. I am 5'5" and when standing up could look right over the top.

We visited this restaurant May 11, 2013

1  Thank Christine G
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food was great. But it was the staff that made it so pleasant. You could sit and dine in the back deck and watch all of the ferries come and go from the island

Reviewed December 23, 2012

The food here isn't anything to write home about, but the place was mobbed. We probably waited forty minutes in the crowded bar. But the cocktails are strong and there's something charming about a menu that offers surf& turf. I had a pretty nice broiled whitefish and there were some good sauteed mushrooms on the side. This isn't nouvelle cuisine, but it's stick-to-your-ribs food and worth the experience.