WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Pittsburgh
“Retro charm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We loved the Pines Motel! The owners were very friendly, and visited with us a bit around the evening bonfire. The rooms were lovely, retro-chic, nicely outfitted, and perfectly clean. Prices are basically unbeatable, and we would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sheila412

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Niceville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

They were very helpful & kind! A nice Retro Motel! It is close to all area attractions. Small store & service station nextdoor. The rooms clean and neat. All knoty pine finish in side. And again let me add HELPFUL.
They were always there to help and guide you to local food and, attrations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Helen D
Zionsville, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is what it is.....a buget motel on the side of the highway. Paper-thin walls, friendly staff, ADEQUATE. We were hauling a snowmobile trailer, they let us park on the grass next to the units, which was nice and a big help. Romms are 1970s decore. Beds were ok, and firm. they accepts pets. shower was cramped, but had hot water, so what else matters?

Room Tip: The higher # rooms...i.e., #10. we were in #3.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently took a trip up North to be able to view the beautiful colors. This motel was a great location for a "home base" to be between many beautiful drives. I too did have an issue with the heat in my room but once they took the time to explain it to me I had no further problems. Yes, the walls are thin but that is the nature of the place & to be honest with you I've had issues with noises in major hotel chains as well & their prices were often times better then double what you'd pay at the Pines. So I wear ear plugs when necessary & I personally am considerate of those around me and turn the volume down on the TV to respect those nearby - after all just common courtesy - and you can't fault the owners for the noise of others. I've said it before & I'll say it again; I do indeed plan on returning to the Pines!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ruth C
Jackson, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

went here on a family trip reserved 4 rooms, or so we thought. double charged a credit card. No heat,VERY RUDE, DRUNK Owners. Added some BS tax to our room cost. up until this year members of our family have been staying here once sometimes twice a year. NEVER AGAIN! TERRIBLE!!!!! if its ever sold, then i will stay there again. I'm not one to leave reviews either but i would not want anyone else to experience these people.

6 Thank jasonm1974

Travelers are raving about these Saint Ignace hotels

Jackson, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

The owners of the motel are horrible. We stayed at this motel for a weekend with family. Four different rooms. Five families in all. We all had issues with our rooms. One shower did not work and when a man (the owner we assume) came to fix it he was cursing at my daughter with her children in the room. There were things in EVER room that did not work. Inculding the heat in my room. The walls are so paper thin you can hear conversations in the next room over the T.V. We were told they offer a complimentary breakfast (waffles to be exact), and upon check in were told we would have to go next door to the store because she was to busy running both places to serve breakfast. We will never stay here again and suggest you do not either. I can only assume the good reviews are friends of the owners because these rooms are not scrupulously clean and we did NOT feel like part of the family at any point.

Room Tip: If you want a good room DO NOT STAY HERE. The four rooms we had were awful. Maybe the other 8 rooms...
2 Thank Kevin M
Ubly
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

You may be enticed by the prices and the quaint look of this motel but look elsewhere. My husband and I stayed there during a very busy weekend. On Thursday evening at 10:15 p.m. after a very long day of traveling, my husband was already sleeping and there was a guy sitting in the chair directly outside my window visiting with another guy who happened to be the owner and they were talking really loud. I opened the door and asked if they "could keep it down". After closing the door, the owner came unglued and began to yell and curse at me. A few minutes later, he began pounding on my door. I finally opened the door and he told me that I lost my reservation and that I had to leave in the morning. He finally left but I was a bit frightened since there was no security chain or dead bolt and after all, he is the owner and has the key to the room. In about five minutes his wife came down and apologized and asked me not to leave. She assured me that he wouldn't bother me anymore. Needless to say, I didn't get too much sleep that night. We ended up staying simply because we had an obligation in town, had already paid, and could not find another vacancy in town. I will never stay there again and I urge others not to either. I completely believe "never again" and empathize with her experience.

5 Thank jean1998