“Terrible”

Pines Motel
Pines Motel
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed September 24, 2012

went here on a family trip reserved 4 rooms, or so we thought. double charged a credit card. No heat,VERY RUDE, DRUNK Owners. Added some BS tax to our room cost. up until this year members of our family have been staying here once sometimes twice a year. NEVER AGAIN! TERRIBLE!!!!! if its ever sold, then i will stay there again. I'm not one to leave reviews either but i would not want anyone else to experience these people.

6  Thank jasonm1974

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The owners of the motel are horrible. We stayed at this motel for a weekend with family. Four different rooms. Five families in all. We all had issues with our rooms. One shower did not work and when a man (the owner we assume) came to fix it he was cursing at my daughter with her children in the room. There were things in EVER room that did not work. Inculding the heat in my room. The walls are so paper thin you can hear conversations in the next room over the T.V. We were told they offer a complimentary breakfast (waffles to be exact), and upon check in were told we would have to go next door to the store because she was to busy running both places to serve breakfast. We will never stay here again and suggest you do not either. I can only assume the good reviews are friends of the owners because these rooms are not scrupulously clean and we did NOT feel like part of the family at any point.

Room Tip: If you want a good room DO NOT STAY HERE. The four rooms we had were awful. Maybe the other 8 rooms...
2  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed September 17, 2012

You may be enticed by the prices and the quaint look of this motel but look elsewhere. My husband and I stayed there during a very busy weekend. On Thursday evening at 10:15 p.m. after a very long day of traveling, my husband was already sleeping and there was a guy sitting in the chair directly outside my window visiting with another guy who happened to be the owner and they were talking really loud. I opened the door and asked if they "could keep it down". After closing the door, the owner came unglued and began to yell and curse at me. A few minutes later, he began pounding on my door. I finally opened the door and he told me that I lost my reservation and that I had to leave in the morning. He finally left but I was a bit frightened since there was no security chain or dead bolt and after all, he is the owner and has the key to the room. In about five minutes his wife came down and apologized and asked me not to leave. She assured me that he wouldn't bother me anymore. Needless to say, I didn't get too much sleep that night. We ended up staying simply because we had an obligation in town, had already paid, and could not find another vacancy in town. I will never stay there again and I urge others not to either. I completely believe "never again" and empathize with her experience.

5  Thank jean1998
Reviewed September 17, 2012

the owners are unfreindly double charged for rooms had to get a credit and then that isn't right the beds are terrible i slept in my truck which was more comfortable then the beds no cleaning service or clean towels unless you go ang get them yourself. the owners both smelt of alcohol and very sleazy looking no heat in the rooms it got down to 36 degrees and we were told they don't turn the heat on to October never again would I waste my money here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TRUCK983
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have been staying at the Pines, annually, for over ten years and I can only assume that "never again" must have been staying at some other Motel. The rooms are scrupulously clean, the owners are extremely friendly and their "dogs" consist of ONE very friendly small collie. While it is not a large establishment, that is a virtue. After the second day you feel like a member of the "family". A very comfortable place to spend a few quiet, peaceful days.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Gerald M
Reviewed April 2, 2012

my husband and I have stayed here about three times a year for about the last four years.the owners are very friendly. the rooms are very clean and rustic. the price is reasonable and the location is very convenient and close to the casino.i highly reccomend this motel!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sally r
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I have traveled numerous times to the Upper Penisula of Michigan and have been very happy with my accomodations at the Pines Motel. The rustic pine look of the rooms is very peaceful and relaxing for me. I have checked out a number of hotel rates in the area and The Pines has been the most "bang for your buck"! I have never had any problems with the staff of the motel or at the convenience store they own located adjacent to the motel. Everyone has been very friendly and accomodating during all of my stays and I look forward to paying another visit in the near future.

Room Tip: My personal preference is a room w/mini fridge, microwave & rocking chair
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends