“It was everything that I needed”
Review of The Cedars Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Ignace
The Cedars Motel
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Holland, Michigan
“It was everything that I needed”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The owners were amazing, so accommodating and friendly. We arrived early and they were able to get us right in. Our room was cozy and super clean. The price was perfect for us, considering we were on a budget. I'm definitely going back next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Trenton, Michigan
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The owners were wonderful. Very pleasant. Place was clean and worth every penny. Rooms a little small, but for the price I can live with that. Parking lot a little on the small side. My husband has a large F250, but the awesome people also staying at the motel, we didn't have to worry about them parking too close and dinging the body. We had such a good time, partying with everyone during our one night stay. Bondfire at night (at least what my husband and I remember) was super. Great time at the Cedars. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and i stayed at The Cedars Motel on Aug. 30. We were in room #1. The reservation was easy to book over the phone. We got in late -- around 11 pm, yet Dan was up waiting for us to check in. I found the advantages of this motel to be:
- Easy access from 75
- Very accommodating owners
- Neat and clean rooms
- Knotty pine walls
- Great value
The fake fireplace was a lot of fun.

Room Tip: I really like room #1
1 Thank Riley73
Lenoir City, Tennessee
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I am sorry but this cannot be the number 1 motel in St. Ignace. We booked two nights but cancelled one once my wife saw the room. We stayed in unit 4 which is dark, the beds both need replacing, there is no phone in the room, no chain lock or deadbolt on the door, the furniture in the room is so crowded you have difficulty getting to the fridge or microwave, you have to bend over a wing back chair to access them.

The good points are the owners are very nice, the room was clean and the price was reasonable so if price is your number one consideration you might like to stay there. I used trip advisor for a two week trip to Canada and this was my only real poor room.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 4.
3 Thank Tennsenior
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I called to check on the availability of rooms for the weekend of the 24-27 of August 2012 which is this weekend. Granted its short notice, however I inquired very politely and the gentleman rudely said "nope we're booked" and hung up even before I got the chance to say thank you.
I know this is a small motel however the reviews thus far are favorable and I have nothing to say regarding the rooms or the motel itself. I simply feel that a good attitude and kindness whether day, night, in season or out. I genuinely hope that I just caught him on a bad day or something.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Redrockclimber
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We booked Cedar motel over the internet,sight unseen. We could not have made a better decision,this motel is absolutely spotless. Dan and Kathy were so nice,by the time we left we felt as if we were leaving old friends. We spent 2 nights there and on the second night we sat outside around the campfire until almost 12am.,talking with Kathy and Tim and another couple we met from Canada. Honestly, I do not know how you could go wrong staying at The Cedars,spotless rooms,lots of little extra touches and a free continental breakfast,which was surprisingly good. We will absolutely be back at The Cedars when in St. Ignace again. Oh yeah and the price of $50. is hard to beat.

Room Tip: At the north end of St. Ignace, not far from the Kewadin casino.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank newton49
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our stay at the Cedars Motel was fabulous. The room was immaculately clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. Tim and Kathy are the ultimate hosts. Always there with a friendly smile and willing to help in any way possible. We can't say enough about them. We will certainly be returning.
Jacques and Kelly