Tripadvisor
Saint Ignace
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews themed rooms bear room bedroom cottage forest theme unique decor continental breakfast nice couple cinnamon rolls fun place to stay clean place mackinac island night's sleep chain hotels would stay here again stayed two nights hotel room upper peninsula
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I would give to this place 5 stars if this place would have little bit of housekeeping which unfortunately totally absent , bed linen not fresh at all.I can’t even gauss how many people it has seen, without being washed. See pictures. Hair every where, dusty, besides design is pretty cool though. Disappointed. I would pay higher price, don’t mind to pay even more but nasty condition, no thank you.

Date of stay: February 2020
St-Ignace-Mi, Owner at Bear Cove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Sorry you where not happy, but when you where leaving I asked how your stay was and you said great. No issues were mentioned. I want to assure you we do sweep, vacuum, dust and wash our sheets after every stay. We do check each bed as we make it, but in this business we deal with a lot of static electricity. Sometimes this can cause a hair to end up on a sheet. It may even of came from me when I flip the sheets on the bed! It happens!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice large and clean room very friendly staff. Nice themed rooms nice pictures on the walls off my room had a recliner chair a comfortable bed nice large television defently a place you should go to bad I was here only for a night

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
St-Ignace-Mi, Owner at Bear Cove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review. We really do appreciate it.

Reviewed October 28, 2019

We traveled to the upper to go gambling and needed a room at St Ignace. We stayed at the Bear Cove Inn and it was clean and beautiful. I would tell anyone to go see the unique interiors. The owners are great people too.
Pat

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed October 6, 2019

My friend and I were looking for a place to stay that wasn't too far from the ferry to Mackinac Island. I ran across this hotel with themed rooms and thought we'd give it a try. Check in was quick. The staff was very friendly and gave us directions to different sites in the area. Our room was the Big Bear Room. We parked directly in front of it. The interior was very unique. The first thing you see is a big bear mural on the wall. The room is decorated with trees and branches. Some have bears in them. The mirrors and TV were framed with branches. The headboards of the beds were fish.

The room was small but very clean. It had two very comfortable queen sized beds. There was a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The bathroom was small but clean. The lighting was a little dim. There is a store right next to the property where you can pick up snacks. The ferry is a short 5 minute drive.

We stayed two nights and were very happy with this Inn.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019

Nothing fancy, but a unique decor. The hotel is close to the places to pick up boat rides to Mackinaw Island. The owner was very friendly and gave good tips for short cuts to our next stay in Traverse City. If you don't need something fancy, consider this place.

Date of stay: August 2019