Tripadvisor
Saint Ignace
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews themed rooms bear room bedroom cottage forest theme unique decor continental breakfast nice couple cinnamon rolls fun place to stay clean place mackinac island night's sleep chain hotels would stay here again stayed two nights hotel room upper peninsula
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice large and clean room very friendly staff. Nice themed rooms nice pictures on the walls off my room had a recliner chair a comfortable bed nice large television defently a place you should go to bad I was here only for a night

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
St-Ignace-Mi, Owner at Bear Cove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review. We really do appreciate it.

Reviewed October 28, 2019

We traveled to the upper to go gambling and needed a room at St Ignace. We stayed at the Bear Cove Inn and it was clean and beautiful. I would tell anyone to go see the unique interiors. The owners are great people too.
Pat

Reviewed October 6, 2019

My friend and I were looking for a place to stay that wasn't too far from the ferry to Mackinac Island. I ran across this hotel with themed rooms and thought we'd give it a try. Check in was quick. The staff was very friendly and gave us directions to different sites in the area. Our room was the Big Bear Room. We parked directly in front of it. The interior was very unique. The first thing you see is a big bear mural on the wall. The room is decorated with trees and branches. Some have bears in them. The mirrors and TV were framed with branches. The headboards of the beds were fish.

The room was small but very clean. It had two very comfortable queen sized beds. There was a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The bathroom was small but clean. The lighting was a little dim. There is a store right next to the property where you can pick up snacks. The ferry is a short 5 minute drive.

We stayed two nights and were very happy with this Inn.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Nothing fancy, but a unique decor. The hotel is close to the places to pick up boat rides to Mackinaw Island. The owner was very friendly and gave good tips for short cuts to our next stay in Traverse City. If you don't need something fancy, consider this place.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I have been coming to Bear Cove for about six years and every time it gets better! I love that the owners are constantly putting time, money, updates and thought back into this gem. There is always something new and improved and we come a few times a year. Bob and Elaine are the most friendly and accommodating! The rooms are very clean and the beds are really comfortable. Elaine always puts a lot of thought into these rooms and makes you feel welcome and just as comfortable as home. We would never stay anywhere else! The themes are really cool and all of the woodworking is so unique. If you haven't been here you MUST go! Bob and Elaine thank you for going out of your way AGAIN and taking the absolute BEST care of us!! See you next month!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank pitagurl16