Bear Cove Inn
$85
$103
America's Best Value Inn(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
$76
$70
Quality Inn Lakefront(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
$96
Super 8 St. Ignace(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
$72
Bavarian Haus Lakefront Inn(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
$80
$78
$125
$60
$58
$96
$88
Cedar Hill Lodge(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
$59
All reviewsthemed rooms arecontinental breakfastnice coupleseveral yearsbagelsenjoyed our staycoffee makermackinac islanda great place to stayelainehostscasinoleafmoteldustedwoodscurtains
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have just read all the reviews. I read half of them to my husband too. I can not believe half of what these people said. We have never had a problem with smells or stickiness in the room. The owners are so nice and helpful. We have stayed in three different rooms and plan on returning to the BEAR COVE. They are not a chain hotel/motel, we believe in supporting our small business owners, and with that comes better service. We recommend the BEAR COVE to everyone. And not one person that we know, has ever complained about there stay. I will be coming back to the BEAR COVE in Oct. on a girls weekend. And every visit, there after.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kacyrevord
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Bear Cove Inn is a quirky stop with fun theme rooms, best for families. My husband had a great sleep but I was kept awake by the musty smell and the humid stickiness in the room. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast is limited but helped to start off our day. The owners gave useful tips for things to see in the area - they do love where they live - but we were wondering if the places they recommend are partner places and not necessarily the best in the area (e.g. restaurants). If you want to go to the casino, they will give you a voucher for $5 free.

Room Tip: We had the Yooper room with two double beds. Would be great for a family but did smell very musty. Also, no fan or tub in the washroom.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank melpitber
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have only been up north a couple of times now, and this place is so comfy! I love nature and the rooms made me feel like I was camping. The decorations are very cool and unique and the beds are so cozy. The owners are very friendly ( which from the Lower Peninsula, you aren't used to friendly business owners! I work in Birmingham, Trust me!!) Anyway my boyfriend took me to Mackinac Island for our 4th anniversary/ his 27th birthday and we had a great time. I'm not a fan of casinos because I don't have the best of luck with them but the casino was still a fun place to hang out and Bear Cove Inn provided us with a free shuttle to and from so we could drink. It was just an all around great trip and I recommend staying here because it was affordable and they had bagels!

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms with the tree beds! So cute!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Came to stay after reading reviews and I am highly suspicious of who really wrote those. Rooms are horrible, smell bad and for the price go stay at the beautiful hotels on the water with views, pools and cleanliness. I was "assured" the rooms were clean and as a small resort owner I was really surprised at what they consider "clean." and if you have any allergies or odor issues stay far away from here. We other booked with other hotel/ motel's and if you have an issue they are considerate and willing to refund your money and let you leave, NOT these folks! That's not what I call customer service. Oh well as a Trip Advisor reviewer I say, stay away.

Room Tip: Sorry no help here as I hear every car that drives by or stops at the gas station next door, ugh!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank ddavis1212
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed two nights in the Bear Cove Inn in the Waterfall room. It's clear that a lot of care has gone into the decor of each room: I think every single leaf was hand-glued onto the beech trees. It is quite over-the-top. Really, we booked here because of the photos from the website, and they didn't do it justice.

That aside, the bed was comfortable, and the heater worked well to keep us warm on our cold June nights. We didn't have the opportunity to partake in the breakfast, but my husband was able to duck in to see it and thought it was more than adequate. Additionally, the proprietress was able give us a coupon for the ferry over to Mackinac, which was nice. Our room was tidied while we were away, and everything was neat and clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple