“Charming & Cozy”
Review of Bear Cove Inn

Bear Cove Inn
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Saint Ignace
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed at Bear Cove Inn on our girl's trip to Mackinac Island and very much enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the Bear Room and it was so cute and cozy. The beds were very comfortable. If you really want to support the locals, this is the place to stay! The owners were extremely friendly and helpful. They have coupons for the Island and Casino tokens if that is what you desire (not far from the casino either). I have rarely encountered such a small motel that offered the continental breakfast they did. Because of Michigan laws, they couldn't provide some things, but there was still enough provided to suit your breakfast needs. I would definitely recommend this motel to others and have done so already!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Redheadedyooper

Reviewed July 7, 2011

The themed rooms are really cute, and this place is run by a very nice local family who really seems to care about their business and the community. However, our room smelled musty. We had to sleep with the windows wide open for my husband to not gag all night long. Breakfast in the morning was just donuts, bread for toast, and coffee. There was no juice, no fruit, no cereal or milk. I was pretty disappointed with this. If you want to stay in a cute room while supporting a local business, pack your own fruit and a nose plug and you'll be just fine.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank LostMason
b_c_inn09, Owner at Bear Cove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2011

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. If you would of told us of ANY problem with the room, we could of offered you another. There was never any mention of any issues with the room, during your stay or at check-out. We also have had no complaints from ANY other guests. Before your arrival, I did scrub (by hand) a spill on the carpet inbetween the beds, just as your group ALSO spilled something on the carpet I had to clean after your check-out.
I believe the aroma in the room was the cleaner. As for my continental breakfast, according to the NEW Health Dept regulations, we are NOT allowed to have open milk or juice on our counter, which means no cereal. I don't like this new law, but I must obey it. We do offer MORE breakfast variety than you have listed, but at this point I think your really just trying to compare us to your previous Hotel Chain stays. I see according to your travels on trip advisor, just before staying with us, you stayed at 2 large Hotel chains with 3 pools, hot tubs, hot breakfast, game rooms. That is not what we are. We do understand that there is always going to be the customers you can not please, but I will try my best!

Reviewed April 4, 2011

We went to the casino to get a room and it was sold out. We found the Bear Cove Inn, and were we glad! Way better rate, way friendlier staff! The rooms were so cute and unique. We had a great time. The owners were so nice and helpful. And the shuttle took us to and from the casino the second we called them. What a nice change to see some old fashion customer service! These guys do a great job! Anytime I'm in St. Ignace or going to Mackinac Island this is were I'll be!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank baileyeh
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Not much I can add to the previous reviews except a hearty DITTO!

Bob and Elaine were fantastic. After a day, my wife and I felt we knew them forever.

Great place, great owners, cannot recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: I liked the Tree House room.
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We've stayed at the Bear Cove twice and we like the themed rooms. The owners are both friendly and they have given good recommendations for restaurants and other things in the area. The rooms are quiet, clean, and comfortable. I recommend the Tree Fort Room.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trbeer
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My husband and I loved staying there for our anniversary!!!
We try to go every year...I don't want to stay any place else!!!
The owners are very friendly people and they try to make your stay as enjoyable as possible!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I just fell in love with this little motel. The hosts were wonderful and helpful. It was easily accessable. The forest themed rooms are great. We stayed in the eagle room and my biys fell in love with it. I can't wait to go back next week.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family