Kewadin Shores Casino and Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bear Cove Inn(Saint Ignace)
View Hotel
The Cedars Motel(Saint Ignace)
Pines Motel(Saint Ignace)
  • Restaurant
Bay View Motel(Saint Ignace)
View Hotel
Quality Inn Lakefront(Saint Ignace)
Vitek's Motel(Saint Ignace)
View Hotel
All reviewsplayers cardrv parkingplay slotsrestaurant food isrustic furniturebreakfast and dinnerthe rooms were nicestayed one nightupper peninsula of michigannothing fancyparking lotpool and hot tub areaking bedstaff was very friendlyview of lake huronfirst floorwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Kewadin and it was nice and comfortable. The room was a fairly good size, small patio outside our door, plasma tv and coffee maker. The weather was beautiful while we were there, really enjoyed sitting on the patio with a cup of coffee.
The beds were comfortable, bathroom was huge. Housekeeping did a terrifc job, only one tiny spot on the carpeting.
The reason I'm giving this this rating is the pillows were really sad and pathetic, they could have had higher watt bulbs in the lamps, lighting was awful and the alarm clock was very small and I couldn't read it without having my glasses on.
The slot machines were tight, they need to get rid of so many of the older machines. Lots of problems with machines not taking money, not taking my players card and printing out the cash out vouchers.
But the bottom line is we will go back and stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue49321
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Kewadin Shores Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

thanks for your review and letting us know about the machines.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Rooms are spacious, clean and well maintained. We had a room with a lake view, very nice. Staff is friendly and helpful. By booking this early, we got a very reasonable rate considering it was the peak season for that area.

We used the buffet for breakfast one day and thought it was pretty good, so we went back for dinner and it was not good at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SpartyHolt_Michigan
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Kewadin Shores Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thanks for your review!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

In July, we stayed in room 314 and had the same issues as Ed W regarding the same sort of insect nest on the balcony, drawers that were hard to open, and a filthy balcony (and the balcony view of the bay is why I come and where I relax). If he stayed in the same room, it's a shame that those issues were not corrected between his visit and our visit. We told the staff and figured that it would be corrected, if not while we were there, then soon after.

Housekeeping has always been great but maintenance seems to be a bit out of tune with the condition of the rooms. Not dirty - just rather worn carpeting.

The casino is always clean and lively. Nice to have free coffee and soda, as well as clean restrooms. Good place to lose money (lol)

The food service seems to have taken a step down in some rather odd ways. The lettuce and tomatoes in the salad bar were ridiculously huge - as if someone just didn't take the time to cut them up. Seriously, it looked like the tomatoes were quartered and the lettuce heads cut into eighths. The ice cream machine was down and then gone. And the buffet wasn't appetizing enough for the $14.99 person. We used to eat all our meals at the Horseshoe Bay Restaurant. Aside from breakfast, we are now eating in town more often.

These are not huge issues. In fact, they seem small enough to us that they could be corrected rather easily and quickly.

We returned a few weeks ago. Different room, no balcony, and no fridge. I just let it go. Simply wasn't a big enough deal. I mention it because it seems to also be happening to others.

We're going to try a different hotel in St. Ignace in September and see how it goes. Kewadin is just so convenient that I wish we didn't have a reason to look elsewhere. We have reservations in October and November. We're hoping for a better experience.

Room Tip: You can evidently request a view of the bay but not a balcony. That disappoints me but the alternative is to look out into the parking lot. Not the view of the UP I want
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian W

Thank you for your review, and we will look into this. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights mid-August and found the hotel to be very nice. It does show some wear here and there, but overall was clean and everything was functional. The staff was friendly, especially the restaurant staff (Mary?), who went above and beyond for my daughters birthday. They gave her a mini cake as well and joined in singing Happy B-day with a senior citizen tour group. It made my daughter feel special. Thanks again. Overall, I would stay here again no questions asked. I do wish the slots were a little looser next time......
One tip...the restaurant closed at 9pm and as we are late eaters had to use the Deli, which worried me at first, but the food from there was excellent as well and selection was decent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MSP-Mike
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Kewadin Shores Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for the review! Glad you enjoyed your trip :)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Not hungry enough for the buffet, so we tried the deli for the first time, and we were not disappointed. Many choices at good prices. Wife had the Beef stew which was excellent, I had chili cheese fries, which is a meal in itself. Good job, deli. We will definitely try you again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Awesome to hear! Thanks so much - see you next time!