“Great place”

Waves
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A Nautical Mile Treasure & Established Vacation Spot Since 1997. Featuring some of the Island's favorite dishedin a warm island setting. We hope you enjoy your islandexperience at Waves.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I haven't been here in quite a while, but it is always good. I usually get steak and the rice and salad. THe house salad dressing is good, as is the rice and steak. It's always done the way I like it. They also have good bread. My kids get various things, but it's always good. Desserts are great too. SErvice is also always excellent. Some nights they have a magician, good way to pass the time.

2  Thank mackinaclover

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Used to go here a lot before kids but haven't been to in quite awhile (8+ years). Was in area so decided to stop in for dinner and it was just as I remembered it. The place is nicely decorated and you get that feeling you're on vacation. The menu has a decent selection of food for all and is reasonably priced.

We started with the calamari appetizer which we remembered from previously and it was fantastic. Both wife and I had entrees from specials and both were extremely tasty with good portions. Note, all entrees come with 2 sides plus you get a sizeable bread basket for table. Drinks were reasonably priced, service was decent and restaurant was kid friendly.

Overall a very pleasant and enjoyable dinner. Although it is a little far from house, our kids asked if we could come back some time. Sounds like a good idea to me!

2  Thank simbadusty
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a very cute restaurant and I was really looking forward to having a great seafood dinner there with my cousins. The server was very personable and patient with taking our orders. Everyone had their wonderful house salad with toasted almonds...delicious!!! Then it went downhill. I tried to break off a piece of fish with my fork and found it wouldn't go through. Used my fork and knife and noticed how tough it was. To make a long story short, all of the items on my sampler plate were overcooked and dry. One by one the other ladies said the same thing and we agreed that this will be our last visit to Waves. This was a big disappointment!

3  Thank Sherry S
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Well we had a GREAT time and the food was good. However, I ordered the All you can Eat Perch with a side of BBQ instead of tarter. When the server brought the food she brought the tarter sauce. Not a big deal this happens every where. I reminded her that I needed the BBQ which she brought right away. Then when the BILL came there was an extra charge for the BBQ sauce.... This is one of the many ways that restaurants are working on their PROFIT Margin. Also, got up charged on the choice of soup I selected. So overall my inexpensive dinner turned out not to really be that. Won't Go Back to This Resturant

4  Thank plw54
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have been here several times and each time it seems the quality of food is worse, but I keep coming back because I love the atmosphere. The staff is very friendly, so no complaints there. I don't know what has happened, but, unfortunately I will not be going back.

2  Thank shannonmarie519