“what a great place!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 5, 2013

first time here--mike is the premier host on nautical mile--all of his places were hits & this is no
exception--he was busy preparing the food the night of october 4th--it was 80 degrees outside
& the waterfront deck was packed--there was an hour wait so we sat at the bar--sherry was our
bartender & was so very nice & efficient--the regular next to us recommended the smoked
whitefish dip & the mahi reuben which we ordered--we also had the baked pretzels with honey
mustard which was also excellent--they have happy hour 3-6 which we were too late for, but the
house wine was only $5.50--after we ate we walked on the deck to see the boats--the people
were having a ball--there is also an outside bar which looks fun--it's an older crowd & I am sure
all regulars--this place is fun........we will be back.....

Reviewed September 23, 2013

so good to have a lake perch that is tasty and reasonably priced! I like it as presented....lightly fried....the wife likes it sautéed...and if it is not to busy the will accommodate those that prefer it sautéed. the staff is very willing to please and you can tell they work together like a well oiled machine...very pleasant experience

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've been to this place twice and both times were disappointing. I ordered Mike's "Cheeseburger" a hamburger stuffed with cheese and both times came to me very undercooked, the cheese was cold... yuck! The fries came to me under cooked & cold as well. The service the 1st time was terrible, the 2nd time was much improved.The food is your less than better bar fare. The only good thing about this is the location & view. It certainly doesn't need to reopen next season. I will not be back. To whomever is reading this... take your chances if you must, but I'd much rather go to Pat O'Briens on the corner of 10 mile rd & Jefferson.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We go there at least 3 times a month when open....roughly mid-March till November! There's a tiki bar outside and dining tables as well! There's also a long bar inside with many booths!! We love the ambience indoors and out! But the food is the best part! I almost always order the same thing..... The mini fish sandwiches ( I believe they're called fish sliders) are awesome! You get three of them....a.crunchy piece of fresh fish, lettuce, tartar sauce, a thin dill slice , on a soft slider bun....yummy! Last time there I got the Whitefish dip with crackers and celery....yummy too. My husband often has the club sandwich which he loves, and the burgers are really good too! There's beer on tap, bottles, wine and mixed drinks! Thanks Mike for locating so close to our house!!! And we usually go between 4-6:30 and have never had to wait!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The area between 9 and 10 mile on Jefferson Avenue in the city of St Clair Shores, Michigan is called "the nautical mile", and for good reason. The marinas and boat slips stretch on for miles and it just boogles your head if you try to do even some rough math on how many boats are in this marina-concentrated area. There is a special feeling in the Summer to be out on the water, in this case Lake St Clair, and in the midst of all this aquatic activity. Now, not everyone has a boat (or the next best thing, a friend with a boat!), but you can get a beautiful experience of the Lake at Mikes On The Water.

The name says it all. It's a little tricky to find, but entirely worth it. The restaurant is behind a marina and you have to drive up and wait for a gate to open (very batman-ish). Then you drive through the marina, getting up close views of some of the most gorgeous boats you've ever seen and before you know it you're at the parking lot for Mikes. I would HIGHLY recommend sitting on the outside deck when it's open and the weather permits. There is a great little wood covered bar out there and sometimes they even have live musical entertainment. It is so nice and relaxing out there you might never want to leave.

For food, the perch is off the hook and the soups are always good, too (clam chowder only on Friday!). The servers are friendly and the atmosphere is light and casual. They say that a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work and I agree. With that in mind, I can think of no better way to spend lunch and an afternoon than to be out on the water at Mikes On The Water.