“River Crab Restaurant - best in the area”

River Crab Blue Water Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
River Crab Blue Water Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Saint Clair
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Yankee & Davis
Reviewed August 25, 2014

If you're ever in the St. Clair, Michigan area, make sure you visit the River Crab Restaurant. Be sure to sit outside on the riverfront deck (weather permitting), or in the glassed-in porch, and enjoy one of the best, and reasonably priced meals you'll ever have. My friend and I were there (again) last week and I had the Pasta Pagliara - linguine in clam sauce with shrimp, scallops, salmon and mussels. Absolutely fabulous. My friend had a pasta with encrusted shrimp (I can't remember the name)d and she agreed it was one of the best dishes she had tasted. Friendly service and atmosphere. Great place to try again and again.

1  Thank Karen B

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stopped in for lunch and loved this place! We sat overlooking the river and had a most delicious lunch!! The absolute best Soft Shelled Crab I have eaten!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Joined the Saline Senior Citizens for a trip to Port Huron and at 10:45am we traveling along the St. Clair River and the bus pulls into a parking so that we can have lunch. We felt it was too early but that was the schedule. Our discomfort with the timing was put aside when we entered the River Crab. A scenic setting on the river with indoor or outdoor sitting. The food was preordered but I do not think I could have done better than the fish and chips. Much to my surprise I noted that the restaurant was a Chuck Muer. If you live in the area, Lady Luck(? spelling) boat does boat cruises to the River Crab. The service was great and we are so sorry that the restaurant is not closer than the 2 hour drive from our home.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I love coming to this restaurant, which I think has one of the loveliest waterside settings I've ever seen. It is great there is so much room by the water, either outside or on the enormous glassed-in porch (my preference), so you can enjoy the view from wherever you feel most comfortable. There can be some misses with the food from time to time: on this visit my mother's soft shell crab had undoubtedly been frozen, and was pretty flavorless. But the rest of our dishes were all up to the usual standards. Also, service here is great.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

My second time on the Duc d'Orleans boat cruise , and this time we sialed downriver to The River Crab resaurant in St. Clair Michigan. It was a very relaxing trip. Had a glass of wine, then we breezed through the customs to our reserved tables and had a delicious dinner. I recommend the Martha Vinyard salad and the steak was delicious. The staff were very attentive and friendly considering we were with a large group from "canada". After dinner a nice boat ride back to Sarnia. A very enjoyable time!