“Been there many times, usually fantastic”
Review of River Crab

River Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
River Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Saint Clair
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Yankee & Davis
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I enjoy the River Crab. In general, it is a fantastic restaurant. In addition, it has a beautiful view. For me, sometimes the vegetables are rather buttery/garlicky but they are always willing to work with you to have something you enjoy. I love the shrimp fresca and the brunch buffet on Sundays is great. Plus, the manager, Martha, makes it seem like a really personal experience when we go there.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I went there, on a recent Sunday late afternoon. There were very few customers. We were seated without reservations. The view is great from the terrace. The service started out okay, but quickly went downhill. The food was mediocre at best. My wife had shrimp scampi, I had scallops. The shrimp was okay, but served with white rice rather than pasta. The scallops were, bland and the accompanying sauce didn't help. After we ate we didn't even see the waitress. We had to ask another server to find her to get our bill. I've eaten at river crab in the past and had some very nice meals. It wasn't worth the money this time. Based on this experience,think I would be hard-pressed to return. The bill was $80 for the two of us with one cocktail. It wasn't worth it.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had lunch on the deck overlooking the St Clair River. The food was very good, the service was excellent and the sunshine and slight breeze off the river made it a very pleasant lunch. We would definitely return if we were in the area.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

OMG what a wonderful find! I would have never guessed I'd enjoy a lunch so much in this little town. Fabulous menu. Fabulous view right on the river. My only regret is that I could only try one thing on the menu. I got the crab club and WOW! I'm not sure I'll ever enjoy another club sandwich as much. It was too much for me to eat at one sitting but I did anyway. Eat here. Period!

1  Thank BamaBarcoder
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Location, location and the reputation of the Muer family do not make up for mediocre food at significantly high prices. Lovely to watch the great lakes ships sail past on the St. Clair River, service is good to very good although they lost us after we checked in with a reservation--waited for half an hour past our reserved time as we'd been sentenced to the expensive bar to await our reserved table. Hostess forgot all about us until we reminded her of our existence.. Meal was disappointing--we ordered White Fish and it could have been Tilapia or a piece of mullet left over from a previous diner. Watery, tasteless and with all the flavor of canned perch. (Best White Fish ever--Lee's Shipwreck restaurant in Tobermory, Ontario). Server was friendly, service was prompt but quality simply did not match the reputation. Place is also terribly crowded so book ahead and hope hostess does not forget you in the bar.