“Third stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Water Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Clair
Blue Water Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Saint Clair B&B and Inns
London, Canada
“Third stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This has turned into our favourite short trip destination! Third visit since August last year. The rooms look nothing from the outside, but are very plush and modern on the inside! The River Crab restaurant - which in on site, is fantastic. The food has been excellent, whether we have had lunch, dinner or snacks at the bar. We will be planning a return visit soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank loveUllapool

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Warren, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night in September of 2012 and really liked this place. The beds are so comfortable which always my biggest complait with traveling. I booked 5 rooms for my husband's birthday this summer and the guys are going to golf at Four Lakes while the girls shop. Big dinner planned for Sunday. The continentel breakfast in the lobby will allow everyone to wake up when they want to rather then plan breakfast.

Room Tip: You can see the ships from every room so I don't think it makes a difference.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tara602
Broadview Heights, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I believe this is a renovated motel, so the door to my room opened directly to the outside - not to an interior hallway. This freaked me out a bit. I traveled in January. When I arrived, my room was ice cold, and no matter how high I turned up the thermostat, the room did not warm up until the next day. Its just a personal pet peeve of mine, but I don't like bathroom fans that turn on automatically when you turn on the bathroom light. It was very noisy and made it impossible to hear the television in the bedroom area when I was in the bathroom. And finally, the stopper in the bathroom sink was broken in the "closed" position so when I brushed my teeth, I had to use the small sink in the kitchenette. I will probably go back to the Blue Water only because there are very few (one) hotels right in St. Clair--not because I enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: upper floors have outside stair access only - no elevators
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Carol C
ST THOMAS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We are "young" Canadian seniors who travel often in the U.S. and found The Blue Water Inn one of the best hotels we have ever enjoyed, and the adjoining River Crab restaurant fantastic! We would recommend both facilities to all age travellers. The newly renovated rooms are extremely large, clean, and all with lovely river views. The decor is obviously decorator inspired and the women will love the personal vanity area with magnified, lighted make-up mirror, the gorgeous bathroom with deep soaker tub, and the newest vanity with above counter bowl sink and attractive faucets and shower curtain. The shampoo, lotion etc. is Crabtree and Evelyn no less, and the kitchenette cups and glasses are NOT plastic - yeah! The closet has double sliding doors so your clothes aren't visible for all to see, and there is a very convenient bench at the bottom of the bed for help while changing. There are two tub chairs by the windows with a huge ottoman for both to enjoy...and last but not least the stainless steel garbage can by the kitchenette counter has a quiet slo-mo closure - LOVE IT! All this in a very affordable cute motel - we felt extremely pampered by all the little extra's! You even receive a complimentary appetizer or dessert at the River Crab which is adjacent to the motel on your first visit. What a beautiful restaurant, with fantastic food, an unbelievable river view and excellent service - we can't wait to go back...and we didn't hesitate to join the rewards club - happy travelling!!

Room Tip: The rooms closest to the river of course have the best views!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RICHARD M
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Girlfriends and I stayed here at the end of November after a day of shopping in the area. I found the rooms to be extremely nice; comfortable, large and clean. My friends were in the suite and adjoining room which was awesome. The bathroom in the suite was huge and very nice. My room was big and tastfully decorated with a makeup table with a magnified light mirror.
I will be back again and maybe with my husband!

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the water, away from the road (noise). The suite room was very nice!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jenniegirl2
Macomb, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We loved this little place! The previous reviews on tripadvisor were right on - freshly updated large comfortable room, great amenities, great view of the river with freighters going by, and great service! Signed up for their rewards club and used the points at the River Crab restaurant attached to the hotel, could not have been more convenient or pleasant - we will definitely be back and it won't be soon enough!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marc L
Blenheim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Beautiful big refurbished room. Two nice soft arm chairs and footstool to relax in. Table & chairs if you wanted to eat in room, desk for my lap top, fridge, coffee maker, make up table with lighted mirror, very large sink in the bathroom and a great showerhead. King size bed was very comfortable along with the feather pillows. Breakfast was adequate. Chairs & table outside on the balcony of each room. View from room 210 was awesome as you could see the ships coming down the river. The River Crab was fine for a drink but we found that we thought the dinners were slightly overpriced. The balcony wall was all windows and our drapes closed fine. Hope to stay again in October and if the weather is too cold to sit outside we can still have a great view from the comfy armchairs inside. Numerous ships to see and that is what we went for. 15 minutes to shopping in Port Huron. Totally enjoyed!!!!! Pool is outside and is heated in season.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have a great view, 208, 209, 210
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Drawbridge Inn
Drawbridge Inn
#6 of 16 in Sarnia
BEST WESTERN Port Huron/Hospitality Inn

Been to Blue Water Inn? Share your experiences!