“Beautiful view of the St. Clair river”
Review of The Voyageur

The Voyageur
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Saint Clair
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Voted the best in the area, View and food. Number one for Perch (sautéed) Prime Rib, Salmon, Pickerel - from this location the River Freighter traffic passes at it closest point. Daily Special posted on Face book... Take a tour on line..
Reviewed August 26, 2012

What a wonderful view!!!! We dined at the Voyageur on a busy Saturday night. The best part about this restaurant is the view. The food is average. The house salad was nothing special with only 2 choices for dressing. The warm rolls were delicious. Prime rib was good. Our waitress never offered us drink refills and we would have enjoyed another beer. Also, no beer on tap.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Went on our wedding anniversary a few yrs. back & our fish was very good. The 2nd time we went & took our family, our fish was way over done. I even complained to our waiter, with no response back from him what so ever. We decided to give it one more try & we ordered the exact same stuffed grouper as our 1st time there. It was also way over cooked! Since it did no good to complain the last time there, we didn't bother trying this time. needless to say, we are never going back there again!

1  Thank Judy L
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Good food. Great view of the St. Clair River. If I remember my history right, a cable driven submarine used to go back and forth under the surface of the river smuggling booze to the U>S> during Prohibition. Now it is a good spot to smuggle some delicious calories into your tummy!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I had eaten here a few years back and thought we'd try it again since our last experience was positive. Since this is a place renowned for fresh fish, we ordered accordingly. I got the walleye and my wife got the whitefish! Our appetizer, house salad and drinks were great. Unfortunately, the fish was way overcooked to the point of being rather dried out. Very sad thing to do to fresh fish!!! If the restaurant wasn’t so crowded with 4th of July patrons, I would have sent it back for a fresh order. So, we tried to ignore it, paid our tab and left.

While the menu prices were a third to half of what you would expect to pay for the same meal at the River Crab a couple miles north, I would have gladly paid it at that venue had I known about the quality of what I was served here. Never again!

2  Thank mike24830
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It was great to sit along the river to dine. The food was above average and the view excellent.