“Great Location close to anything and everything!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Great Location close to anything and everything!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed at this property as a meeting spot with 2 other couples. The property and surroundings were really clean and well kept. Rooms were modern, clean and spacious. We had a small issue with the air exchanger in the room and had someone look at it as it was not working. It was fixed quickly and we moved on.
Breakfast was included and was very good and plentiful.
This property was located close to an abundance of shopping and restaurants. Having said that, we were there primarily to visit and golf. We were only 7 miles to the Apple Mountain Golf resort. Fantastic golf course!
Rates were excellent as well!

Room Tip: Walking distance to many restaurants and shops! We stayed on the 3rd floor at the end of the propert...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JohnESSM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed May 13, 2014

On May 9th, our family went to Comfort Suites for a night away. We had a king size bed and sofa sleeper in the room. Beds were very comfortable. Then, we all went to the pool and whirlpool located on first floor. Pool temperature was just right for my grandson to enjoy the water. Whirlpool spa was a great way to unwind from a hectic Friday traffic heading northbound and encountering the I-75 detour around Saginaw. Breakfast selection in the morning was kept stocked and plentiful. I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Anita K
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The friendly staff greets with a smile in to this quiet, clean, comfortable, warm and charming place. It is close to a myriad of eateries that everyone is familiar, is even within a short walk if you want to take your car. Their inside pool and hot tub is warm and inviting and for the one needing more activity, the fitness room is just down the hall.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gerald K
Northern Ontario
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Booked the family here for a weekend of junior hockey watching and cheering. Had five rooms and all were well kept and clean throughout the stay. Facilities are good with nice swimming pool and free hot breakfast area. Also had what looked to be a decent work out room. The day time staff were helpfull. The night shift staff on the other hand needs a little more training in public relations. I'm not going to name names so maybe everyone gets the same message but being polite to people is "always" a good idea. Hint, hint.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank TMac_10
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear TMac_10,
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Saginaw. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and swimming pool. Please accept my apologies if anyone on my staff was impolite to you or your family. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff and use it as a learning tool. Please allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next visit to the area.

Jared S.
Clarklake, Michigan
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night while visiting Birch Run and Frankenmuth. Although the Birch Run Comfort Inn was closer, it looked far more run down so we opted for this location and we were glad we did. It's right in the middle of shopping, restaurants and attractions in Saginaw. The woman at check in was extremely friendly and welcoming. Our room was clean and modern and we appreciated the fridge and microwave for our leftovers. The bed was kind of soft for our liking but I'm pretty sure that most others would love it. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub for a bit as well and although the pool was out of towels, the woman at the front desk was happy to give us a few. One of my favorite things about this hotel was the fitness center. It was updated, clean and modern. The treadmill I ran on was awesome except I couldn't figure out how to get the tv to turn on. I think that was more user error than the fault of the equipment though. If I were in the area again i would definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mopogra
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Very nice pet friendly hotel. The room was clean. Pillows & bed were comfortable. Friendly night Front desk check-in staff. Breakfast was ok. Would definitely stay here again. My only complaint would be that I was able to hear foot steps during the night from the room above mine.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The rooms are always so clean and welcoming. I have been staying at this hotel all Fall while teaching at SVSU. It is so close to so many restaurants and local stores. This makes having dinner or getting things I need so handy. It is only about 5 min. from where I am teaching as well. I enjoy the fact that they have a pool policy of adults only from 10 PM - Midnight. It is so nice to just relax in the large whirlpool. This hotel has one of the nicest breakfast areas that I have ever seen in many years of staying at Choice Hotels. Great selection and an inviting room to watch the news and eat your breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms 200 - 208 are close to the stairs that lead to the first floor pool area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business