“Not the worst I've stayed at”

Knights Inn Saginaw
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were lucky to get a room as most hotels were booked. We were a little skeptical. The room was clean. Not updated but clean. The bed was very comfortable. Quiet. Really wished the pool was up and running but it was not. Price was good. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lori C
GMKnightsInnMI, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Hello Miss Lori C.,

I apologize that you were not able to enjoy the pool during your visit as it needed maintenance and had to be closed temporarily during your visit in our hotel. We cannot compromise your safety.

Allow us to better serve on your next visit in our hotel. Please call our hotel anytime to confirm availability of our pool to ensure you will enjoy your next visit.

Thank you for your candid review. We value your business and our goal is your satisfaction at all times.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Hotel was recommended by friends, and we were NOT disappointed. Room was very clean and spacious. The Outside was not much to look at, and the pool was closed, but we were looking or a room that was clean and comfortable and got it. The desk staff was very helpful and courteous, pointing us toward local eateries and local points of interest. In it's current state, not a motel for kids, but for traveling adults, it's a winner!

Room Tip: In it's current state, not a motel for kids, but for traveling adults, it's a winner!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cathy K

Hello Miss Kathy K.,

We are glad that we have sufficed your expectations when you visited our hotel. Our special thanks to your friend who recommended our hotel for you to stay. We truly appreciate the gesture.

We look forward to your next visit in our hotel again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayd for three days for the reginal soccer turny... I'd like to start by saying we didn't get to pick our hotel, they were appointed to the teams by the Michigan soccer association. So we had no choice but to stay!
All rooms for our team were dirty, stained, moldy, musty smelling!!!! The rooms r advertised In the front office to have a refrigerater and microwave along with new 42in plasma tvs and memory foam beds... NONE of that was true!!! If u need to save money I am sure there are better cheap hotels in the area, I'd deffinatly look befor id stay here!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank 13mfr

Hello 13mfr,

Our guests’ satisfaction is important to us, please allow our team to better serve you on your next visit by calling the attention of our staff on duty for any concern you may have as they will be glad to attend to you promptly.

Concerns about the sanitation have been brought to the housekeeping department’s attention to ensure rooms are ready prior to assigning to guests.

your satisfaction is valuable to us.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stayed here for one night for business, and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The rate was pretty cheap, and the room had a nice bed with a memory foam mattress. It also has a big flat screen TV with lots of channels and even some in HD. The room was in the building right up front by the check-in desk, so everything worked out great. I would definitely stay here again, for about 50 bucks after tax you cant really beat that.

Room Tip: If you can get the rooms that have the memory foam mattress that is a definite bonus.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank USFBowler

Hello USFBowler,

We truly appreciate your time in sharing your experience during your visit in our hotel and for taking note of our amenities and effort to provide value accommodation to our guests.

We look forward to your next visit in our hotel and provide your next lodging needs in our hotel soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is a no frills place. Room was pretty sparse, but good enough for one night and the price at $50 was right. I stayed on a Monday--I suspect that the weekends may be on the wild side, but maybe not. I'm a female, traveling alone, so safety is a big deal for me--I felt very safe; there weren't many guests; doors have extra locks & a peep hole. The clerk's position behind glass kind of made me slightly nervous, but then I figured I was checking in at 10 p.m., the clerk was a young kid (female) and it is likely just for security at night. The desk during the day is a regular open hotel desk.

Pros: King size bed that was surprisingly comfortable, large TV with many cable channels, including HBO, fridge, microwave, coffee maker. Parking right outside my door. Reasonably quiet despite the proximity to I675. Friendly staff. Close to shopping, gas and the freeway.

Cons: Shower is tiny and I'm not that big at 5'6". Again, good enough for one night. No shampoo, but a couple of bars of soap. No box of tissue that I could find. Also, no extra blankets--though I didn't need one as I kept the heat kind of high for nighttime (71F). Free breakfast, which is kind of awful in taste and selection--IHOP is right next door.

I will probably stay here again in the future--it's near work and since I am a crazy commuter who lives about 65 miles from my employer, it's nice to know I can stay someplace that is just decent and not have to pay top dollar.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Beth1961

Hello Miss Beth1961,

We are using the comments from you our guests to implement necessary improvements to offer better services and accommodation for all our guests.

Our staff on duty will always be glad to attend to your needs. Please do not hesitate to call their attention should you need assistance or you may have concern on your next visit.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

Enjoy Stay
Great place to stay for a great price, compared to expensive hotel. This hotel was great. They have big lcd t.v. some people say that the coffee machines are hard to use but they are easier than the regular coffee machines. They have dvd players in rooms and I enjoyed watching my movies. I paid a little bit extra money for memory foam bed and it was comfortable to sleep on and room was also quiet and good location.
I will definitely stay there again this is my home away from home. I recommend this hotel to all my friends and everybody else. try there new memory foam bed

Room Tip: Request for memory foam bed (room) in advance. It get filled up pretty fast.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jaymil18

Hello Jamil18,

We are glad to have satisfied your lodging needs in our hotel, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your positive feedback motivates our team and stay committed in working closely to provide value servcies to our guests.

We appreciate and value your business.

Reviewed May 25, 2011

I read a lot of review and i thought this place was going to be horrible. My room is actually on the second row of the hotel, by the laundry so i guess i got lucky. The only bad thing that i didn't like is that they had some shady looking ppl stay there at times, maybe cuz i'm a solo traveler so i'm a bit extra cautious..other than that i had no problems. I stayed here for 2 weeks, for $222/wk it was a great deal. They had wifi, cable tv, fridge, a small gym, and the rooms are sound proof..one of the best rooms i've had, and i travel all the time (my biggest pet peeve is rooms that have thin walls). I didn't really hear my neighbors, and the location is pretty quiet. Room is very clean, towels kind of old, blanket also kind of old, of course it's not a 4 star hotel. But if you are looking for a descent place to stay with no over the top expectations, then this place is excellent. the location is also great..near a strip of shopping centers, walmart, meijer, all the food places u can think of and I-675.

I can compare this to Ramada Inn, in Saginaw because i also stayed here..The hotel is a little loud for me. I suppose it depends on where your room is..mine is by the elevator, near the ice machine..and i can hear it when ppl fill their ice bucket all the time. I can also hear my neighbor talk in the hallway or watch tv. So for the extra $$ i payed to stay here, i'd rather stay at Knights Inn.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business