“Glad we didn't pay full price.”

Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Guelph, Canada
“Glad we didn't pay full price.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

So we booked this place through Hotwire, and I suppose you get what you pay for. The room was clean, but tired overall. The bed was fairly comfortable and the linens were relatively new, so it made for a decent night's sleep. The bathroom, however, had the atmosphere of a cash-strapped nursing home.

We ordered room service and watched a movie in the evening. The food was from the restaurant downstairs - Damon's - and was actually quite good. There was a good selection of movies, and it made for a fun evening.

I would have been really disappointed with the experience if it weren't so darn cheap. But I definitely wouldn't go back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Windsor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2009

We went to Four Points Nov.13 and came home on Nov.15. It was a quick getaway to do a little shopping and relaxation.
This hotel has a great pool. It is indoor/ outdoor and the weather was good enough to let us swim outside and inside. The hot tub was great. We pretty much had the pool area to ourselves. With the price of the room came breakfast. Bagels, toast, eggs, potatoes, coffee, cereal and sweet buns. It also has internet, but we didn't us it.
The staff were very nice and helped whenever asked. Our room was very clean. It had a fridge and a microwave.
We ate at the Lone Star next door and the food was very good and plenty of it.
If you want to shop this is the place because there is every kind of store you could want within two miles all around.
This is our fifth time there, but not our last.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

The staff was very helpful and pleasant for our stay. I liked the location it was VERY easy to find and to get to places in the area. The hotel itself is a little run down. The elevator, there is only one, "bounced" when you got on. Even though I was on the fifth floor I used the stairs. We had requested a fridge when the reservation was made, it was not in the room upon check in and when it was brought to us it was dirty inside. The pool is beautiful and it has a nice workout room and sauna. The rooms are comfortable and a good size but could use a little fixing up. I would stay again because I enjoyed the pool, location, and staff.

It is attached to a Damon's which has TERRIBLE service. They took forever to bring our food, we had a group of ten and not only did we not get our food at the same time but most of it was cold. They got multiple orders wrong also. If they had been busy I would understand but the place was EMPTY. The breakfast is also served in Damon's but the food is only ok. I reccommend the Mcdonald's across the street.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Traverse City, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

Great location right off I-675 and a very short hop directly to I-75. Some summer road construction issues were in play but they're almost finished. Safe atmosphere, easy parking. Front desk staff and some of the Managers I encountered were friendly and helpful. The room was just a bit dated, but had a brand new couch and chairs. The room was squeaky-clean. They have free wireless internet that worked well. There is a Damons restaurant attached just off the lobby. It was awful. Loud and unfriendly. Fortunately, there are a lot of good places to eat nearby. The friendly front desk folks recommend a super, non-chain place called "Jake's" about a mile or so away and provided excellent round-trip directions even with the summer road construction. Jake's was great and close to some interesting local nightlife. I'll review that later. There are newer and cheaper hotels nearby, but next time I come through I'll return to the Four Points.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Toronto, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2009

We stay in a LOT of hotels for business and leisure, and I would never consider myself to be picky - all I need is clean and to get what is promised. We booked this hotel on Hotwire for $44. If we had paid full price, we would have been FURIOUS. This is a very, very old hotel, and they have pseudo renovated it - new granite in the bathroom, stylish wallpaper. However, the tub looks to be about 30 years old and they PAINTED the tile, which is now peeling off. Ok. No prob. BUT, the shower head sprayed all over the room because of lime deposits, there was no microwave or fridge, and the room was NOISY...we could hear every conversation in the hallway and I woke up at 6am to the guy next door, snoring. The front desk staff were very friendly and pleasant but the one thing I could not abide by - someone elses hair in the bathroom, in a little tumbleweed behind the door. ewwwwwwwwwwwww. Also, we stayed two nights, the second day I thought the hair would be gone after housekeeping left - no. It actually looked like they hadn't even touched the bathroom other than to replace a towel. The restaurant was very mediocre - I know with a free continental breakfast you can't expect much, but the dishes were dirty and spotted and the coffee was served in styrofoam cups. It was just....odd. We actually went to the Denny's the next door the second day. It is odd for us to turn down a free breakfast!

The Hampton across the street is lovely and clean and brand new. No hair. Try that :)

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2008

I stayed there for 1 night. The place was clean and well kept. The staff were friendly. Rooms were okay and the internet access in the lobby was very good. Their coupon for breakfast in the near by restaurant was a good deal.
I cannot give any negative comment about them except the noisy fan.
It's a good choice.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2008

I booked this hotel online. I thought that Sheraton hotels were one of the Top of the line in the market. I was wrong. This hotel was $95 a night (Weekday Rate). The bathroom tiles on the wall were painted over. I guess they didnt like the old color. The paint was flaking off. There was no mini-fridge or Microwave in the room. The beds however were comfortable. I have stayed at plenty of Hotels at this price and the other hotels were by far better that this one. There is a Hampton Inn across the street that is cheaper and better. Don't waste your money!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)