“Fantastic Time”

Four Points by Sheraton Saginaw
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Saginaw
Reviewed June 24, 2005

I read all the reviews before trying this place out, to tell the truth the Holiday Inn was all booked up and they sent me here. I was glad though when I got to my room! They are renovating everything here, from the rooms to the parking lot, they even have brand new suites! The courtyard is beautiful and the new fountain out front makes the place feel as though it should be a Sheraton. I loved it and I am sure that you will too!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2005
5  Thank Nicholas H

Reviewed June 20, 2005

We spent last weekend in this hotel and the rooms were very nice. New beds and linens, with a fitted bottom sheet. Big fluffy towels in the bathroom. Spotlessly clean. The hallways are dingy, but the hotel is doing a complete renovation, so they are working on it. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and the evening food at Damon's Restaurant was very good. Breakfast wasn't so great, but wasn't horrible either. After the bad reviews of this place, I was very apprehensive and very pleasantly surprised. The AARP rate was excellent, too.

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank Lemon1
Midland
Reviewed January 3, 2005

There are a lot of areas that need improvement. However, the hotel is under new ownership, and is being completely revamped. Hopefully the much needed renovations and the excellent guest service staff will make it worth trying this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed December 27, 2004

We traveled to Saginaw to attend a wedding and mistakenly thought the Four Points would be one of the nicer hotels in the area. The guest reception folks were nice, the pool was decent but that's it. Absolutely nothing for the kids. No "free" movies (one children's movie cost us $11.00!)
The resturant attached to the hotel wouldn't accommodate our family for dinner on a Friday.
No included continental breakfast. ($7.00 if you wanted one)
Nothing spectacular about the rooms. Old beds, carpet, decor, very simple and plain.
For the price we paid, we were VERY dissatisfied and will probably never give a Sheridan-owned hotel our business again.
Stay at the Hampton Inn practically right across the street!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 30, 2004

I travel 3 days a week, each week of the year for business. Staying at a lot of hotels, I feel I can safely say the Saginaw Four Points Sheraton is one of the worst I've ever stayed in.

My husband and I stayed there one evening recently as a stopping point on a weekend journey. The hotel is dirty, dank and gross.

Our bed sagged in the middle and felt like they had placed just a sheet over the bedsprings for us to sleep on. My husband and I laughed at the pillows - they were deformed and bumpy, looking like they were filled with cotton balls.

We made a reservation at this hotel to get some sleep, and we didn't get any. I strongly recommend looking at other hotels in the Saginaw area before this one.

4  Thank mizpicky
Michigan
Reviewed April 4, 2004

Guest service nightmare! I had a block of rooms and a conference room booked at the Sheraton in Saginaw. I was calling to confirm some of the information, and the front desk employee was extremely rude, and wouldn't connect me to the banquet manager. After several minutes of bickering back and forth, I informed the lady that I could easily take my business to the hotel accross the road (a Hampton Inn--probably a better choice for you than the Sheraton). She told me to 'go right ahead.' That's not something you tell a customer that has $1000+ dollars worth of bookings at your shabby hotel! Anyways, after a manager smoothed over the damage from the front desk girl, we decided to stay at the hotel. What a mistake. It really needs to be updated. Do yourself a favor--stay at the Hampton Inn or the Holiday Inn Express next door!!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 22, 2003

Good points of the hotel: Wonderfully cheerful front desk woman and very nice lobby and pool area with indoor/outdoor pool. The small gift shop was nice to see, also.

Negatives: The hallways and elevators are just plain dark, dingy, stuffy, and depressing. The rooms are really showing their age, complete with water stained ceiling tiles, peeling wallpaper, and outdated bathrooms. There's an overall feeling of "Ickiness" that sort of made me feel itchy and the room had a smell to it. It made me wish they sold Lysol in the gift shop.

If you have a passel of kids, bring your Lysol and the kids will love the pool. It would be real convenient to have Damon's right there to have a quick bite, too, but I can't vouch for the food as we didn't dine there.

9  Thank ElCheapster